• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Ali and Liston on Speed Bag

Here is a quick video clip of Muhammad Ali and Sonny Liston on Speed Bag.
    Commentary is pretty funny (other than "speeding up", I don't hear any "vary" in the rhythm). Notice the U-bolt swivel being used by Ali. I didn't know they had that model in those days. Listons swivel looks like an older chainlink.

Last edited by Speedbag; 03-06-2013, 02:18 PM.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag
  • Crapsterface
    • Nov 2009

I love the older chainlinks, theres no play in them, theres as fast as the bradley swives but dont wear out, I still have one from the early eightys I got from my dad. They just dont makem like they use to, u just get piec es of pot metaly crap with lots of play in them. the onld ones were tight and no slop at all. at least the one I had was like that. My old chainlink is made by weider. they make good bags too, my dads friend stil has one, I dont think u can buy them anymore, at least not that i can find but id jump on it of i could find one.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Crapsterface View Post
      I love the older chainlinks, theres no play in them, theres as fast as the bradley swives but dont wear out, I still have one from the early eightys I got from my dad. They just dont makem like they use to, u just get piec es of pot metaly crap with lots of play in them. the onld ones were tight and no slop at all. at least the one I had was like that. My old chainlink is made by weider. they make good bags too, my dads friend stil has one, I dont think u can buy them anymore, at least not that i can find but id jump on it of i could find one.
      the chainlinks I liked were those with the real small links, almost like a bicycle chain. I used to have a few, but only one left.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...