• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fedora
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2012

Whitely No Jump Swivel

Saw this pop up on ebays "buy it now" and couldn't resist. Not as nice as the other one that was on a while back but I got it a whole lot cheaper. I just got the older Everlast Swivel with the offset hook today as well. I look forward to comparing them.

fedora
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by ventanakaz
    i wonder why they call it no jump ?...ralph
    Because Whitely men can't jump...

Comment

• fedora
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by paranday View Post
      Because Whitely men can't jump...
      A lot of us here resemble that remark. LOL. I'm guessing that it's because the distance from the ball to the top of the base is very small, hence less room for it to "jump' up on a miss hit. Remember that thread about putting some ball bearings and a washer on the top of a Deville, cutting way down on the distance it could jump. I'm curious to see it and will post some detailed pics when it arrives. Too bad the box wasn't in better shape.

fedora
      Last edited by fedora; 03-13-2013, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• fedora
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Dec 2012

... hey fedora, do u think you can also post some pics of both everlast offset and the whitely offset S-hooks next to each other...ralph
        Sure, no problem, I'll do it as soon as it comes in. These offset hooks really help keeping the bag tight on the hook.

That is one recommendation I'd make to our resident swivel makers for their products. Of course that's easy for me to say as I don't know how much trouble it would be to put that extra kink in it. I do know the upturned part of the hook has to be longer to where it would touch the hook again and then bent outward enough for a bag to slip over it.

fedora

Comment

• fedora
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Dec 2012

Ventanakaz, here's the pic comparisons you wanted. The old Everlast actually has less distance to the top of the base, but the Whitely is a very nice swivel and is interchangeable with the Everlast base. It has an almost round ball whereas the Everlast is flat on both ends. The offset hooks on both are very similar. The one swivel at the end is an older Everlast without the offset hook and is still miles ahead of the ones recently on ebay.

The offset hooks are nice, I'm really liking how they help to lock the bag in. All they did was make the end that swings upward longer so it would touch the hook forming a triangle and then they just swung it outward to make room for a bag to be slid onto it.

fedora

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

i wonder why they call it no jump ?...ralph
            I think it is called a "no Jump" swivel because it is not made by Jumpcannon.

Duh.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• fedora
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Dec 2012

I don' have a Cleto, but my Ringside Heritage, which has a huge loop will fit. It's tight but it will go on.

fedora

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...