• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris M
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2006

Chris M on heavy bag

By popular demand

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
  • Clint
    • Apr 2007

Encore!

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

You keep your chin covered well. I'm in no position to give more feedback, heavy bag is definitely not my strong point.

Comment

• Chris M
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Mar 2006

Ha! There's good reason for that. I have an instructor that doesn't hesitate to point out anything I leave unguarded by punching me if I drop my hands when I'm sparring with him. I have to admit, it definitely forces me to pay attention about leaving myself vulnerable. My speed is very slow in the video, but like I said, I did this video without warming up whatsoever.

Comment

• SupergeZ
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Mar 2007

loved the video! commented :P

Comment

• Kevdawg0324
            • Oct 2006

looks good chris. two things; youre leaving the front of yourself open. turn yourself slightly diagonally to hide your body. second, your elbow is flaring out when throwing your right. keep the elbow tucked the whole time and snap those punches.:

Comment

• Chris M
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Mar 2006

, your elbow is flaring out when throwing your right. keep the elbow tucked the whole time and snap those punches.:
              I definitely noticed that, thanks. My coach has been telling me about that too, I now have a much better idea of what he's talking about once I've seen the video. It's almost like I'm throwing overhand and kicking out the elbow. I think I'm doing it because it feels like I get more power that way.

Comment

• Kevdawg0324
                • Oct 2006

it does feel like that. but watch when you turn yourself and start presenting your left shoulder the the opponent/bag instead of presenting the front of you, youll gain power because your upper torso will be able to turn into the ohr as well.

Comment

• Chris M
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Kevdawg0324 View Post
                  it does feel like that. but watch when you turn yourself and start presenting your left shoulder the the opponent/bag instead of presenting the front of you, youll gain power because your upper torso will be able to turn into the ohr as well.
                  I'll definitely work on it and try to be more conscious of it. Thanks again!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...