X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ninja420
    • Jan 2007

any one know

how bad speedbaging can be for my carpet im thinking about putting a speedbag/clothes rack in my bedroom and I was just wondering if anyone else punched standing on carpet and if so how bad the carpet wear?
  • Chris M
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2006

Shouldn't be that bad I would think. If it does start to wear you can always get a mat to put under it.

Comment

• Roscoe
      • May 2006

A stiff plastic floor mat, the kind used in office settings so your chair rolls unobstructed with nubs facing the carpet so it don't slip.

Roscoe

Comment

• BillyMack
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
        A stiff plastic floor mat, the kind used in office settings so your chair rolls unobstructed with nubs facing the carpet so it don't slip.

Roscoe
        I agree, otherwise you might get some discoloration from the heavy use...

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

and the vibration, movement etc. might pull the carpet fibers. I'd definitely get a non-sliding surface to put it on to reduce creep and protect the carpet.

To reduce the freestanding board from creeping along the carpet or cover, you could put a 25 pound sand bag behind it on the floor. Just like one over the board.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Roscoe
            • May 2006

Speedbag/Clothes Rack

Originally posted by ninja420 View Post
            im thinking about putting a speedbag/clothes rack in my bedroom
            My Power Rack in my garage doubles as a clothes rack for my shirts just out of the dryer

Roscoe

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...