• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kyle
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2006

Ufc 71

anyone catch the UFC fights today. I'm a huge Chuck Liddell fan and have been following him since the start and was absolutely devastated when he lost. It felt like someone stole something from me. Although Rampage will be a good champ and one of the greatest MMA fighters of all time still wish Liddell still had his belt.
    Any thoughts on the fights? Do you think Liddell will get a rematch right away (seeing how he very close friends with the president of the UFC Dana)?
    ________
    VAPORIZER
    Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:25 AM.
  • SupergeZ
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2007

i love watching UFC, they brought it back to the uk the other month in Manchester but the tickets were like 200+ i was absolutely gutted, i wanted to see it so bad!

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Alan and I watched it at the house... Rampage/Liddell was a shocker. No doubt that Chuck was out of it though. I definitely see a rematch coming

Comment

• Kyle
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Nov 2006

there comin back to the UK again so u can see if u can get tickets for that one and i agree Chuck definatly went limp and Big John needed to stop the fight.
        ________
        Bessyonok cam

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
          • May 2007

Ufc

Wow Nes, you beat me to the punch! I was going to post a debate on the matchup. Here's my view: Styles make fights. Alot of people were surprised to see Chuck fall so quickly and seemingly effortlessly. Here's the thing, I've been watching both UFC and pride now for enough years to know about Rampage and his relentless aggression. His style is taylor made for beating Chuck's, who likes to circle and wait for his opponents to "walk" into shots. Rampage employs a high guard and rolls defensively with punches before countering and he takes a tremendous shot. I have to say I called this one, the first fight was not close etiher. I'm sorry Big Nes for the upset, I felt the same when Chuck beat Randy, who is now HW champ. In keeping with tradition I will predict Dan Henderson over Rampage in a second round stoppage...

Comment

• Kyle
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Nov 2006

ya i knew that Chuck would have a very hard time with Rampage for sure and was telling some friends that dont really follow MMA to closely and they said i was dumb. i felt the same way about the match up for Chuck because of Rampage's aggression would not allow him to sit back utilize his footwork and counter and slip his opponents punches. Chucks style of fighting is very risky with his hand way down at his hips wait till his opponent throws a big shot they try to throw his first. All in all Rampage will be a good champ but i also think it will be short lived because Hendo is a unbeliveably good fighter
            ________
            Sweet_Chocolate live

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
              • May 2007

Pride infusion.

Hendo will be great in returning to the octagon. I'm wondering how long it will be before Fedor comes to the UFC. Now that Zuffa has bought out Pride I'm sure it's only a matter of time before Fedor comes to begin his reign as UFC champ. Only thing that worries me is his thin skin, his last fight against Lindland he caught a left that opened him up pretty good. I have to say though, aside from that he's pretty unstopable and IMO the greatest combat athlete who ever lived (including boxing judo wrestling etc.) and knowing the UFC's history of having bleeders continue, i.e. Stevenson vs Edwards, it should fare well for the Russian Champ. His brother's awesome as well.

Comment

• Kyle
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Nov 2006

agreed man cant wait for Fedor to come he probably the greatest heavyweight fighter of all time and his brother Aleksander can fair for himself to. Soon the UFC will be unarguably the best MMA event in the world ever. I believe his brother was a Sambo fighter and all the former great Sambo fighters seem to do great when they transfer to MMA.
                ________
                Live Sex

Comment

• Speedbag
                  Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                  Alan and I watched it at the house... Rampage/Liddell was a shocker. No doubt that Chuck was out of it though. I definitely see a rematch coming
                  It was definitely a kick watching the fight at Tim's Place. There were some great fights on that card, but the main event wasn't one of them. They fight didn't match the Hype. Just looking at the size and shape difference made Liddell suspect to me. He just didn't look in shape but I don't follow it much and perhaps that is his normal look. Rampage was scary and cut. Chuck may have had a little too much Hollywood lately, and lost a bit of focus. He just didn't strike me as ready to get it on.

But he is a crowd favorite and well loved, so the sport will demand a rematch. There seems to be love, loyalty and respect among the fighters and fans that is above boxing. I'll have to start paying more attention to it.
                  Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                  *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                  The Quest Continues...
                  Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Kyle
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Nov 2006

ya for some reason Liddell always has a little pot belly but a 6 pack on top so thats his normal look actully it looked like he lost most of the belly for this fight. i guesse because he actully fought some one who could beat him so he trained harder? just my 2 cents
                    ________
                    Paxil settlement update

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
                      • May 2007

Agreed. He did actually look a bit less pudgy around the waist. He's never been an adonis. Great point and observation by speedbag on the respect factor in MMA. These guys know the struggle of their peers and understand that it is a crapshoot fighting with so many options at your disposal. I trained most of last year prior to a knuckle laceration and found the subtleties to be mindboglling. The combinations in MMA are limited only by creativity, and even though I will always be loyal to boxing I must admit it is losing ground on MMA. By the way speedbag, seems you have an inate ability to judge fighters lifestyles. In a recent interview Liddell appeared to be too drunk to talk straight and is a notorious partyer. I've also heard this about Rampage so... Fedor is a Sambo Champion, Rings Champion and Undefeated except for a stoppage due to a cut that he avenged in Pride by stopping Kosaka (guy who cut him) by cutting him in similar fashion.

Comment

• Kyle
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by hispanicmakingpanic View Post
                        In a recent interview Liddell appeared to be too drunk to talk straight and is a notorious partyer.
                        if this is the interview ur talking about on you tube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xwYOFIWlg8) then that is a false accusation that was a rumor that had started but the fact of the matter is that he was deathly ill of the flu at the time and on some heavy medication. being a loyal ufc fighter he did not cancel the interview and continued with the interview at the best of his ability. he was also very ill with the flu with his first fight with tito and was hospitalized after he knocked him out.
                        ________
                        Pattaya properties for sale
                        Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:26 AM.

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
                          • May 2007

So sorry for the misunderstanding. I am used to Chuck inviting fans to after fight club parties and assumed the worst. I must say I've followed his career and although I'm not a great fan, I must admit he does have tremendous work ethic. I have never understood why I don't like him more, he fights the perfect fan pleasing style avoids the ground game and knocks opponents out. I hope I'm not a hater.

Comment

• Kyle
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Nov 2006

you dont sound like you a hater if that wuts your worried about
                            ________
                            LIVE SEX
                            Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                            Working...