• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LaxDude08
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jun 2007

Smaller Speed bag

I currently have an Everlast 10X7 speed bag and have been beating on that for the past year to get solid enough to upgrade to a smaller bag. I feel as if a 8X5 would be a nice challenge for me, but as I read up with all the different weights I am not sure which one to get. Any suggestions?

Thanks
  • Kyle
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2006

9x6 or 8x5 is good i started at 10x7 and went to 9x6 not a bad switch definatly seemd alot smaller and faster that the biig 10x7 and with regards to brand if u like everlast stick with it. If you wanna try something new go with pretty much any other brand is good tittle, ringside, rival, cleto reyes, top contender....etc.
    ________
    YoungPrettyLad
    Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:28 AM.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by LaxDude08 View Post
      I currently have an Everlast 10X7 speed bag and have been beating on that for the past year to get solid enough to upgrade to a smaller bag. I feel as if a 8X5 would be a nice challenge for me, but as I read up with all the different weights I am not sure which one to get. Any suggestions?

Thanks

If you have been hitting for a year, than it probably won't make much difference exactly what 8x5 bag you go to. You're hands and swing will quickly adapt to the nuance of shape and weight. If you can afford a couple of different ones, than I would get a few different brands for variety, but any high quality bag should work well. Kinda like the difference between a Honda and a Toyota of the same size. Slight variations in the ride and feel, but either will be an great car.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...