• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SupergeZ
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2007

Muay Thai Contender

Is this real? if so i wana watch is soooo bad!

• Kyle
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2006

i hope its real id watch it. it looks awesome
    ________
    Club Royal Condos Pattaya
    Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:29 AM.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

I love that contender music. I wish I could find some mixed versions of it to hit to. I could make a sweet mix with that and some of the Rocky music and the Delta force movie theme....
      Last edited by Speedbag; 06-15-2007, 08:27 PM.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
        I love that contender music. I wish I could find some mixed versions of it to hit to. I could make a sweet mix with that and some of the Rocky music and the Delta force movie theme....
        Then again maybe not....

Contender is in 3/4 time, with a heavy "1" beat accent, not 4/4. Great for Basic Rhythm Punching but very tricky to mix syncopated combo's with..

gotta play with this in my audio mixer a while....
        Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
          • May 2007

That sounds like a great idea for a show... I hope it's in Thailand in one of those Muay Thai training camps. I just love how humble and resourceful their camps are set up. The Contender original is getting full of ego driven second tier fighters who sometimes forget how blessed they are(bitter?), with the exception of a few like Alfonzo Gomez and Steve Johnson. I've seen how these Thai fighters live and it is bare minimum and communion like. They're devotion and respect for one another is a beautiful thing man...

By the way speedbag, love to hear some new beats. My mother-in-law Sheila raves about your mountain foggy beat...

Comment

• SupergeZ
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Mar 2007

Alfonzo Gomez!! omg i loved that guy in the contender! i wanted him to win so bad... was honestly gutted when he got beat for the second time by manfredo

when they had the uk vs usa contender i was rooting for him and was so happy when he won!

but yeah, a thai contender would be absolutely amazing, im facinated with anything muay thai atm, and getting to watch a contender show aswell as begginning my muay thai training would just be perfection! i truely hope this is going to be aired!

p.s @ hispanicmakingpanic - that would be aswesome if they did do a back to basics aproach to the show, showing hardcore dedicated thai fighters fighting with their heart and soul! would make extremely compelling viewing and add real inspiration to my own training

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
              • May 2007

Alfonzo was really a couple of weight classes lighter than Manfredo, but he won the first one remember? He outclassed contenders that were stronger and bigger and showed intelligence above every other fighter. The Muay Thai thing would work better than the UK vs US if you pit hungry Thai fighters against American Muay Thai fighters...

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Royce Gracie Tests Positive for the anabolic steroid Nandrolone...

Say it isn't so....
                Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
                  • May 2007

Hadn't heard about it, but as bad as the Gracies wanted to defeat Saku, I wouldn't doubt it completely. Another top fighter to fail a UA was my favorite, Nick Diaz. He had what I thought was the fight of the year against Lwt Pride champ Takanori Gomi, in which he tested positive for Marijuana. Did you notice how many fighters tested postitive for drugs? Their was Methamphetamine use, Cocaine, and Steroids. Sad state of affairs... even the supposed good guy Diego Sanchez tested positive for marijuana...

PS: I shoulda guessed something was wrong when Royce walked in looking like Lou Ferrigno!
                  Last edited by hispanicmakingpanic; 06-17-2007, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by hispanicmakingpanic View Post
                    Hadn't heard about it, but as bad as the Gracies wanted to defeat Saku, I wouldn't doubt it completely. Another top fighter to fail a UA was my favorite, Nick Diaz. He had what I thought was the fight of the year against Lwt Pride champ Takanori Gomi, in which he tested positive for Marijuana. Did you notice how many fighters tested postitive for drugs? Their was Methamphetamine use, Cocaine, and Steroids. Sad state of affairs... even the supposed good guy Diego Sanchez tested positive for marijuana...

PS: I shoulda guessed something was wrong when Royce walked in looking like Lou Ferrigno!

Lou Ferrigno used drugs?...

Gee, I thought all that was diet and exercise....
                    Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Kyle
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Nov 2006

anyone know how reliable this site is? because this doesn't seem right that all these people are testing positive and the UFC isn't even acknowledge it i think that they would. Remember when Tim Sylvia testes positive they made a big deal about it but now Stephen Bonner and Diego Sanchez both test positive for drugs who are big names from season one of the Ultimate Fighter you'd think they would do something? I don't know just a thought.
                      ________
                      BritneyBITCH cam
                      Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:29 AM.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Big_Nesticles View Post
                        anyone know how reliable this site is? because this doesn't seem right that all these people are testing positive and the UFC isn't even acknowledge it i think that they would. Remember when Tim Sylvia testes positive they made a big deal about it but now Stephen Bonner and Diego Sanchez both test positive for drugs who are big names from season one of the Ultimate Fighter you'd think they would do something? I don't know just a thought.

I trust this site: The SweetScience.com

I read about it in the Dallas Morning newspaper.

you might check out MMA News - UFC Results - Pride fighting forum.
                        Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...