• Jun 2007

Me on speed bag at the gym part 2

Me on the bag again!!!
    Please commenthttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcZ2tNaAa-s
    Last edited by rainbowsixveg; 06-20-2007, 09:16 PM. Reason: no link
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Your bag work and swing style is looking very much like a typical boxer training workout - not that there is anything wrong with that. You've got pretty good timing, but appear to break down pretty quick. I'll offer you a few suggestions.

1. Try to not kill the bag. You jump to almost full speed really fast, which is at the edge of bag control. You appear to go past your control point pretty quick and then miss. your punching meter (speed) appears to keep getting faster and faster, as if you can't stay at ONE speed - always accelerating. It's not a race, so slow down a bit and enjoy the ride. Think control just a bit more. Speed will come as you clean up you technique a bit.

2. I see a lot of boxers punch with your style, bringing the left fist way over to the right ear, and almost circling your left fist over your right fist, in front of your right shoulder. This moves your "home" fist position over your right shoulder, which is where each fists stays as the other hits. That fist location will seriously limit your options... IF you want to do more complicated techniques and combo's. Of course you will shift the fist position around some, but constantly practicing with that particular fist position starting point may be hard to break later. I would suggest forcing yourself to keep the fists in the chin position, not over your right shoulder. Eventually you will be able to hit as hard as you are trying to hit now, with a lot less effort.

2. I notice you do the L-R Front Double Punch (FDP)continuously. Try changing the lead, doing a R-L (FDP).
    and you tried a single fist pass through. keep working on that. It will be easier if you keep that left fist in front of your chin, not under your right ear.

3. Keep working on it. You do have good timing.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• rainbowsixveg
      • Jun 2007

Thank you very much for your help, I was all pumped up in that video because it was after boxing at my gym lol

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...