Sore lower back ? bad speedbag position ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaguiler
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2007

Sore lower back ? bad speedbag position ?

Hi everyone -

I have been hitting a little more lately - focusing on front fist rolls mostly inbetween elbows etc...
    I noticed my lower back hurts or feels pretty sore after and during a speedbag session... at first I thought it was because I was always picking up my two newborn kids... but today I noticed it starts to hurt when I hit the bag...mostly when I am under the the edge of the board ie front fist roll, my lower back aches.
    could it still be the newborn kid weight, picking them up tiring my back out then I feel it when on the speedbag ? or could it be the speedbag causing it ?
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

I'm betting on the kids, but if your leaning back too much during Front Fist Rolling it could aggravate a previous condition. I tend to stand a little too close sometimes and lean back. If I'm not really warmed up well it will bother my lower back.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• jaguiler
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jan 2007

figures - I am going to tell my wife now I can;t take care of the kids, I need to be able to do my painfree front fist rolls.... think she'll understand ?

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by jaguiler View Post
        figures - I am going to tell my wife now I can;t take care of the kids, I need to be able to do my painfree front fist rolls.... think she'll understand ?
        ...yeah, let me know how that works out for you
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...