• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fastaslight
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • May 2006

everlast pro s hook Speedbag swivel

Anyone know where to get the all metal pro ball bearing s-hook swivel model 4440 by everlast????????????
    Thanx
  • Chris M
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2006

I bought a couple on ebay but not after getting ripped off by one seller. I bought and paid for a metal one and was sent plastic. I finally found a couple, but I made sure to verify with the seller that they were going to ship me what they had advertised. I told them I wanted one identical to the picture, not a plastic one and was willing to pay whatever it took to get it. Of course, I didn't tell them I would pay whatever it took to get it, but they are out there.

Beware ebay seller "The Brown Box". They pulled that scam on me and offered to pay back, but not until after I went through a huge hassle and made lots of threats. They told me they didn't know this would happen, but for several weeks afterwards they continued to do the same to other buyers.

Comment

• fastaslight
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • May 2006

Yeah I just got two from two diffrent sellers, 25.00 for one, found some on amazon but not a member and listings were kinda confusing!
      Thanx

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

I had a local supply, but it seems to have dried up

These things are geting scarce

Comment

• ryzies
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • May 2006

i can't find one anywhere...

Comment

• Chris M
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by ryzies
            i can't find one anywhere...
            I found one here, although it comes with an old bag:

Comment

• Rain Drop
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • May 2006

OhMyGosh

Here in the nz they litter the streets in them, with the metal ball
              (aint plastic). But what we dont have, are any good speedballs out herr. Would buy a bag off everlast but damn therr shipping is hardout.

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Rain Drop
                Here in the nz they litter the streets in them, with the metal ball
                (aint plastic). But what we dont have, are any good speedballs out herr. Would buy a bag off everlast but damn therr shipping is hardout.
                What or where is the "NZ". ( new zealand?)
                Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• fastaslight
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • May 2006

MODEL 4440 pro everlast swivel

I have a fairly new everlast bag 4214 that I paid 42.00 from everlast years ago and never used it after I go the everlast 4204!

If anyone wants to trade a swivel or two for it??????

I am looking for the 4440 model but would still trade for others.

Comment

• pomaikai
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • May 2006

I just got a reply from this website that they have the all metal in stock. Not sure how many they have though. Im just gonna try and super glue the hook on the plastic one. Other than the hook unscrewing I really like the plastic one.

Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 12:38 PM
                    To: Bruce
                    Subject: RE: EVERLASTR Speed Bag SWIVEL (Reference #84440)

We have the Boxing Gear all metal in stock !
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 2:00 PM
                    To: orders@fitness-equipment.com
                    Subject: EVERLASTR Speed Bag SWIVEL (Reference #84440)

Do you have any of these all metal swivels in stock?

Bruce

Comment

• nowingnoprayer
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • May 2006

I'm new here and recently got into using a speed bag and I have been having the same issue with the plastic swivel setup.. let us know how the superglue turns out.. as it is so far every 3-4 minutes or so i just spin it and it screws itself back in..

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Everlast S hook

Originally posted by pomaikai
                        I just got a reply from this website that they have the all metal in stock. Not sure how many they have though. Im just gonna try and super glue the hook on the plastic one. Other than the hook unscrewing I really like the plastic one.

http://www.fitness-equipment.com/aca...ystems_30.html
                        WARNING: All listed Everlast "Metal S-hook" swivels are not alike.

The swivel shown on the box set above is not a two piece 4440, but appears to be more like this: Metal S-Hook

take a good look at that picture link above and show me the thread attachment on the base that attaches to the board.
                        (* hint: the wording on the left side of the box is not english. hmmm. There are lots of european "metal S-Hooks" and they are not the #4440.)

Be sure you are getting this swivel, and if you look closely, that is not the one shown on the box. You have to dig around on the fitness-equipment site to find it.

Be sure and ask for an "Everlast model #4440 two piece S-Hook". The company may give it their own model part number, but that doesn't change the #4440 on the brand.
                        Last edited by Speedbag; 05-27-2006, 12:52 PM.
                        Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• KevinDesroches
                          Speed Bag Trainee
                          • May 2006

what about the other style ball and hook

what about the steel ball and hook 2 piece with the plastic hexagon backplate? are they still pretty decent even though u cant torque the back plate as much as the steel

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

speed bag swivels

Originally posted by KevinDesroches
                            what about the steel ball and hook 2 piece with the plastic hexagon backplate? are they still pretty decent even though u cant torque the back plate as much as the steel
                            I'm not sure exactly which one you are asking about. IF it is the old Everlast #4440 with a plastic base (attaches to board, and has plastic threads for the metal bag attachment) Then yes, I have used these. I have had several. The problem as you state, is you can't torque them down very hard. I normally give the bottom part a good crank with a wide mouth vice grip Pliar, but this also can strip the plastic.

It doesn't change the fact that the metal S-Hook attachment shank is going to strike the metal ball housing. That is where your report metal flaking would probabably occur, and not where the metal threads were connected.
                            Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• pomaikai
                              Speed Bag Trainee
                              • May 2006

I was actually referring to the swivel on the bottom of that page. They have since changed the wording to "EVERLASTĀ® Speed Bag SWIVEL with Plastic Flange".

I finally got around to super glueing the metal eye hook into the plastic ball and have worked it for about 2 hours within the past few days and so far it hasnt unscrewed yet. It was to the point of having to screw it back in about every 10-15 minutes. I will post a video within the next couple days with the plastic swivel.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...