X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ninja420
    • Jan 2007

just another speed bag video

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
  • hispanicmakingpanic
    • May 2007

Great elbows ninja...

Comment

• ninja420
      • Jan 2007

thanks Panic! they get me so tired...especially when I keep missing.

Comment

• ninja420
        • Jan 2007

Thanks panic! they tire me out so bad,,, especialy when I miss hit. Its kind of like what that guy asked about stamina on the other thread. If im doing punches I know well I can hit for hours... but if im doing new stuff it wears me out fast. A old basket ball coach of mine told me once "no one gets tired of shooting when they are going in" just my 2 cents later guys.

Comment

• jaguiler
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jan 2007

hey - nice work - but I think your bag is hanging too low.... you may want to try raising it a little.... unless you really like it that way... just my 1 cent worth

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

I think you are looking a LOT smoother and your motions are a lot more contained within themselves. The bag might be a tad low, but right now I'm keeping mine a bit low due to the bad shoulder and keeping my left elbow a bit lower.

Your really showing improvement.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ninja420
              • Jan 2007

thanks guys... the platform is my freinds so there is nothing I can do about that....but having it that low does help with the downward elbows. And thanks Alan for the complement! I alwase feel like when skunk is talking about guys who are wild and uncontained I think hes talking about me. So i have realy been working on making my movements shorter.

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ninja420 View Post
                .... I always feel like when skunk is talking about guys who are wild and uncontained I think hes talking about me. So i have realy been working on making my movements shorter.
                I doubt he was singling you out, most probably he was talking about a lot of the available footage online of guys flailing away. Skunk has a critical enough eye for speed bag to tell you're not wild and uncontained. Wild and Uncontained punchers usually end up pounding the bag with large shoulder swings, and quickly lose control. Even in your beginnings, you were never that wild or out of control. Perhaps that is why you are progressing so well. You've always hit with your mind as well as your fists.
                Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ninja420
                  • Jan 2007

Thanks Alan....those were some realy nice things to say. And as for skunk I know hes not singling me out... but I just alwase look at things as...."If the shoe fits" lol. As for my progress latley it seems almost non existant. I will post up a new video tonight so you can see what Im talking about.

Comment

• ninja420
                    • Jan 2007

ITS 420 in PHX

you know what time that is.......time to hit the..........speedbag! among other things Just me and the matt dog both getting off work early and throwing down on the bag.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• jaguiler
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Jan 2007

cool video - I like the music and the hitting it good - what does your buddy say in the middle of your hitting ?

Comment

• ninja420
                        • Jan 2007

hes saying "check that shit out skunk" my buddy is super old school no internet...but he has seen Alan and Skunk, It blows his mind how I can go on the internet and get online lessons from the best speedbaggers on the planet... and to think he is the one who tought me to hit the basic rhythm.

Comment

• Jonzel
                          Speed Bag Trainee
                          • May 2007

hey, what song is that?

Comment

• ninja420
                            • Jan 2007

I have no Idea...sorry

Comment

• Mkvtte92
                              Speed Bag Trainee
                              • May 2006

Back In The Game........

After not hitting the speedbag for about a year......its seems that it doesn't matter how long one stays away from it. It seems to have some kind of magical pull that draws me back everytime!!!!

I was looking at everyones videos that have been posted since my absence. And I must say EVERYONE is looking great!!!! I was a bit scared to place a video up after seeing everyone else's. But then I quickly remembered how nice and supportive everyone is here.

So just be patient with me guys and I'll pick up the pace in a few weeks!!!

Thank You.

Mike

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...