• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sed26
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jun 2007

Your Starting Stamina

How many seconds were you guys able to hit the bag when you first learned to hit the bag for as long as you could go? I think I can go about 30 seconds before I have to take a quick break. Is that bad?
  • jaguiler
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2007

yes -

haha just kidding -

hit slower and softer and focus on control

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

It really depends on how fast and hard you are hitting the bag.

When Alan was at the house it was quite an eye opener trying to keep up with a 3 minute song, where you've got to keep at it to stay with the beat.

The important thing is to continue to train and you'll improve greatly.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by sed26 View Post
        How many seconds were you guys able to hit the bag when you first learned to hit the bag for as long as you could go? I think I can go about 30 seconds before I have to take a quick break. Is that bad?
        I'm not sure what you are asking, but as mentioned the secret is control. That is key. Learning to relax and not overstrain when punching. There are also a few secrets to grabbing some rest by lowering the elbows or using the Elbow strikes to relieve the burn in the shoulders. But I never suggest people try to learn to hit the bag "as long as they can go." When you are tired, you will hit sloppy and your swing movements get larger and break down. As your skill improves you will maintain control longer and your stamina will build. As Tim mentioned, hitting to a three minute song (....punching non-stop for 3 minutes), even at mid-speed, is tough to do for the average individual.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• sed26
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Jun 2007

I haven't gotten to the more advanced techniques yet. I just mastered the basic 3 count hit really fast and can now do it for as long as I want with minumum mistakes. I think elbow strikes may be my next learning technique.

Comment

• SupergeZ
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Mar 2007

elbows were my 1st technique too after getting the hang of a basic rhythem, theyre real easy to pick up.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...