X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rainbowsixveg
    • Jun 2007

Pro mex speed bag

Which one do you guys recamend for a fast bag. Either the pro-mex x-small or small? http://store.titleboxing.com/title-p...peed-bags.html
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by rainbowsixveg View Post
    Which one do you guys recamend for a fast bag. Either the pro-mex x-small or small? http://store.titleboxing.com/title-p...peed-bags.html
    As a general rule (on the same swivel) smaller is faster.

at least that's been my experience.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• SupergeZ
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Mar 2007

x-small imo... looks a great bag

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
        • May 2007

Before you make your choice veggie, you should probably look at the new Ringside summer catalog. Page 4 there's a synthetic leather Ringside 6x9 for only 12.99. I think I'm getting it, along with some windy cut finger bag gloves from my combat sports catalog. Either way you can't go wrong, that Pro Mex model is slick as snot!

Comment

• ashe
          • Jun 2007

what exactly makes something "mexican style"? i see mexican style hand wraps, gloves, etc. and to my eye there doesn't seem to be much difference.

Comment

• SupergeZ
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by ashe View Post
            what exactly makes something "mexican style"? i see mexican style hand wraps, gloves, etc. and to my eye there doesn't seem to be much difference.
            mexican stuff has a hispanic guy in a poncho with a sombrero and maracas on it hope this helps

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

For Mexican Style handwraps they are normally a bit longer and made of a more elastic material.

Actually, Several years ago John Brown, owner of Ringside told me that the mexican style speed bag is slightly more narrow than the traditional sizes. I have I usually call this a "bannana bag" for they look longer and skinny.
              Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
                • May 2007

Originally posted by SupergeZ View Post
                mexican stuff has a hispanic guy in a poncho with a sombrero and maracas on it hope this helps

LMAO...Mexican style means it works harder for alot less?

Comment

• rainbowsixveg
                  • Jun 2007

Originally posted by hispanicmakingpanic View Post
                  Before you make your choice veggie, you should probably look at the new Ringside summer catalog. Page 4 there's a synthetic leather Ringside 6x9 for only 12.99. I think I'm getting it, along with some windy cut finger bag gloves from my combat sports catalog. Either way you can't go wrong, that Pro Mex model is slick as snot!
                  Yeah your right Homie, I saw that bag in ringside... My coach has that. Well I have the pro swivel so I just want the fastest bag I can get.

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
                    • May 2007

Originally posted by rainbowsixveg View Post
                    Yeah your right Homie, I saw that bag in ringside... My coach has that. Well I have the pro swivel so I just want the fastest bag I can get.
                    That's a great approach to it homey. The smaller the faster.

Comment

• ashe
                      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                      For Mexican Style handwraps they are normally a bit longer and made of a more elastic material.

Actually, Several years ago John Brown, owner of Ringside told me that the mexican style speed bag is slightly more narrow than the traditional sizes. I have I usually call this a "bannana bag" for they look longer and skinny.
                      i thought banana bag was another name for a thai heavy bag?

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

i thought banana bag was another name for a thai heavy bag?

It might be, but I always referred to a banana bag as a long, thin speed bag. Maybe the Thai bag could be the "Big Daddy Bannana Bag" and a skinny speed bag could be the "Baby Banana Bag".?
                        Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Busta Knuckles
                          • Jul 2007

Ringside synth leather 6x9

Originally posted by hispanicmakingpanic View Post
                          Yo Hispanicmakingpanic, I purchased that Ringside synth leather 6x9 and i liked so much i ordered another one, but i threw the e-z lock pro swivel in the garbage...It's the only Ringside product i bought that I havn't been satisfied with....

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Busta Knuckles View Post
                            Yo Hispanicmakingpanic, I purchased that Ringside synth leather 6x9 and i liked so much i ordered another one, but i threw the e-z lock pro swivel in the garbage...It's the only Ringside product i bought that I havn't been satisfied with....
                            Actually, I almost threw my e-z lock pro swivel away too, but out of respect for the garbage, decided against it.

I just left it up at the "Y", and the kids destroyed it.
                            Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• rainbowsixveg
                              • Jun 2007

Ha ha

Man those ez-lock swivels are realy badley made
                              My favorite swivel is the Ringside super swivel http://www.ringside.com/DETAIL.ASPX?ID=24601

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...