X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ninja420
    • Jan 2007

New Rig!

I posted pics on the exaples of homemade platorms, just thought I would add a video.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Looks rock solid, good job.

is that wood attaching to the ceiling?

Comment

• ninja420
      • Jan 2007

thanks Tim and yep I just measured from the celing to my head and subtracted the 2" for the drumb

Comment

• SupergeZ
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Mar 2007

pretty slick ninja, looks 1 of the nicest ive seen

Comment

• chumbucket
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Jul 2007

Is that a table base, or did you have it made? Regardless sweet rig; rock solid!

Comment

• ninja420
            • Jan 2007

you mean the black part.... if so no thats a steel frame I built. And thanks for the complements. Its alot of fun building these things...especially since I have you guys to show them too.

Comment

• ashe
              • Jun 2007

shweet!

Comment

• speedbag4life
                • Jun 2007

[QUOTE=ninja420;4841]I posted pics on the exaples of homemade platorms, just thought I would add a video.

pics by themselves looked good, but the video-- excellent job, ninja.

Comment

• SupergeZ
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Mar 2007

you never see commercial celing mounted frames. you should fabricate some and sell them, im sure there would be a market for them, like for people with poor quality walls

Comment

• ninja420
                    • Jan 2007

man I thought about that...I realy think its the most ideal setup but.....every one is a differant highth and celings are offten differant hights. so it would be realy hard to make a universal frame that fit all applications. But if any one on here would like me to build them one and can send me measurments and possibly a picture of where they would like to hang it...or even a custom version of the I box PM me and we can discuss a price, and I will work very hard to make you the very best platform availible for the money you have. Just wanted to put this out there. Because I think every one should have a sturdy affordable platform.

Comment

• Speedbag
                      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ninja420 View Post
                      man I thought about that...I realy think its the most ideal setup but.....every one is a differant highth and celings are offten differant hights. so it would be realy hard to make a universal frame that fit all applications. But if any one on here would like me to build them one and can send me measurments and possibly a picture of where they would like to hang it...or even a custom version of the I box PM me and we can discuss a price, and I will work very hard to make you the very best platform availible for the money you have. Just wanted to put this out there. Because I think every one should have a sturdy affordable platform.
                      The height differentials could probably be adjustable using interlocking channel Iron. You could attach the slightly larger brackets to the ceiling joists, and then insert the slightly smaller brackets (attached to the board) into them. Both could have pre-set holes drilled that would allow a bolt or set-pin to be put through to set height. Maybe have six pre-drilled holes, and the highest height would be when the smaller bracket is fully inserted up into the larger bracket.

worth a thought.
                      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                      The Quest Continues...
                      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ninja420
                        • Jan 2007

yep good idea...it just seems like you alwas loose some sturdyness with adjustabily. Im getting one of those stair steps for when my buddys come over

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...