• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 97mustang82
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Aug 2007

Swivel, Gloves, Water Bag

Hey guys, I'm new to the site. Wanted to know if anyone has tried a few pieces of equiptment i'm looking at and what they think about em. THIS IS NOT SPAM. Looking to purchase a speed bag swivel, Water filled heavy bag and some training or bag gloves. Need Opinions and Experiences with them or others.

First is Aries fight gear super swivel. It's real affordable, but I don't know what the quality is? It doesn't say anything about the material itself like other swivels do, especially with this higher end type of make. Anyone use this before? I like this style and I know others make them, but this price is real tempting. http://www.ariesfightgear.com/Mercha...y_Code=Swivels

Next is RingSides Synthetic Leather Super bag gloves. Its the 12oz Hook & Loop. Has anyone tried these? Do they fit good with wraps? Alot of gloves sold in "stores" around here are so tight. I want gloves with room for wraps but I don't want to pay pro prices, just a garage punching junkie for now.

And the water bag. I have 2 heavy bags, both Everlast & Nevatear, one double end 40lb and 100lb worldwide edition. I'm looking into water filled bags for a change. I hear Poair makes the best ones and that century's hydrocore isn't really as good. But I haven't heard anything about the Everlast H2O Water Flex Bags ???. Has anyone used this or the others and can anyone give me their opinions on waterbags in general?

Thanks guys.
  • Chris M
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2006

Most people on the board here don't care for those types of swivels, but there may be some that do like them. I personally bought one of those types of swivels and it hung on my board for less than a week before I pitched it.

The problem with those swivels is that they really only work well in one swinging plane and they don't change directions very well like if you wanted to do a side hit.

I think the prevailing consensus is the ball hook swivel is best for the type of hitting we do.

See the following for a link on swivel discussions: http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...avorite+swivel

Also, if you do a search of the forum for "swivel" you'll see lots of reviews. There was one recently where Alan actually ordered one of the new copies of the old metal Everlast swivel. So far, it looks pretty good with some minor modifications. The Everlast plastic ones aren't too bad either, but their longevity is somewhat questionable. At about $10 each, I'd buy two at a time.

EDIT: found the discussion about the new steel ball/hook swivel: http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...read.php?t=653

Comment

• 97mustang82
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Aug 2007

Thanks for the advice, those threads have some really good info. BTW, I think you were thinking that I wanted to buy the first swivel on that link to the aries site (the chain swivel) which is what alot of people are saying are no good because of its 360 axis swinging problems, but the swivel I was interested in was the 3rd picture on the link. The thick bearing hoop type. This one... http://ariesfightgear.com/Merchant2/...y_Code=Swivels

Reguardless, since I read those threads, I think i'm going to put the plastic swivel that came with the stand on the board. Besides, i've been anxious to set up the bag and platform because i've been waiting to buy another swivel. And from what I read, it's better to start gaining skills with the plastic one since it's seems harder to keep in control, so i'll put the plastic one on for now. Once I get good, i'll use that thick bearing hook type I'm interested in or posibly get the ball and hook type but in metal if I really like this plastic one. Thanks for the reply Chris

Comment

• Chris M
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Mar 2006

You're right, I did make that assumption.

I have one of those swivels you're asking about and I kind of like it. It does change planes faster than the other one I was talking about but not as well as the ball hook.

The type of swivel you're asking about is faster than the ball hook swivel though.

Check out Ringsideboxing.com and titleboxing.com for their swivels. They occasionally have sales and the quality of their products are good.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...