• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Itsnoteasy
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Aug 2007

I may have a problem with my swivel

I'm a beginner and new to these forums, I just bought this speed bag platform http://store.titleboxing.com/sbp.html and it came with this swivel http://store.titleboxing.com/ps.html. The problem that I might have is with the swivel, this is going to be hard to explain but it seems that the hole of the part of the swivel the holds the chain link has a little slant to it, its making the chain link a little slanted so when I hit the bag the chain link keeps wanting to go on its side and I think its messing up my rhythm. This is my first time I used a speed bag and I have only been using it for about 3 hours so it may be that I suck and don't know what I'm doing.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Hi itsnoteasy,

If you think the swivel is influencing your speed bag rebound, then I would send it back. Contact the company and see if they will exchange it. You may even consider buying another one of a different model. Speed bag is hard enough with the right equipment.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Itsnoteasy
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Speed bag View Post
      Hi itsnoteasy,

If you think the swivel is influencing your speed bag rebound, then I would send it back. Contact the company and see if they will exchange it. You may even consider buying another one of a different model. Speed bag is hard enough with the right equipment.
      Thanks for replying, I bought everything online so it will be to much of a hassle to send it in and wait till they send me a new one, so I went to my local sporting goods store and bought an Everlast chain link swivel and it works a lot better. This is my third day using the speed bag and I'm really starting to get the hang of it, I think I might have to change my name pretty soon.

By the way your videos on youtube are insane.
      Last edited by Itsnoteasy; 08-14-2007, 02:30 AM.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Itsnoteasy View Post
        ...By the way your videos on youtube are insane.

thank god it's just the videos...
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• 97mustang82
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Itsnoteasy View Post
          Thanks for replying, I bought everything online so it will be to much of a hassle to send it in and wait till they send me a new one, so I went to my local sporting goods store and bought an Everlast chain link swivel and it works a lot better. This is my third day using the speed bag and I'm really starting to get the hang of it, I think I might have to change my name pretty soon.

By the way your videos on youtube are insane.
          I was looking into the chain link swivels or the big fat bearing-hook deluxe pro swivel http://store.titleboxing.com/dps-ez.html but instead I took some advise and put up the plastic everlast ball and hook swivel that came with my stand and it's actually been working out great for me http://store.titleboxing.com/plastic-s-swivel.html. I've read that alot of people in this site like this swivel because it lets you gain more skill since it swings the bag around more freesly and doesn't tend to stay in one forward and backward path like the chain links are said to do. Limits out of roundness aswell I guess. A really great example of simple and cheap = more efficient. Try going to a sports authority or dicks sporting goods and buy one and see how they compare. Its only about $10 and you can always return it. The only other swivel i'd probably consider is the deluxe pro swivel. But to each his own.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...