X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Busta Knuckles
    • Jul 2007

New/Old Everlast Kangaroo 4200

I picked up this Old Kangaroo 4200 on ebay for 9 bucks. It doesn't seem like its ever been used. It was a little hard to get on the hook because the loop is very thick, but it has a great feel, great rebound, very fast. Just wondering if anyone has any history on the Roo 4200 like when they started/stopped making them??
    Attached Files
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Busta Knuckles View Post
    I picked up this Old Kangaroo 4200 on ebay for 9 bucks. It doesn't seem like its ever been used. It was a little hard to get on the hook because the loop is very thick, but it has a great feel, great rebound, very fast. Just wondering if anyone has any history on the Roo 4200 like when they started/stopped making them??
    I'm not sure when the stopped making them, but for many years the Black professional Everlast bags had "kangaroo" written on them. Not so prominent as yours but written smaller on the bag.

They were an Awesome bag. I must have punch through 9 or 10 of them in the mid-to-late 1970's.

you can see them in "my speed bag history" clip. Particularly at 1:02 - 1:22 during 1991. I'm pretty much flat out there on a roo 4200 9x6. It wasn't until 1996 that I really dropped the everlast 4200 for the Ringside 9x6 and then 8x5.

Wish I still had those bags... they were really nice on the hands.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

That's a sharp looking bag and sounds like a real steal at only $9!

Comment

• Roscoe
        • May 2006

Nice Score....

....my big brown bag score on e-bay wouldn't hold air

You did good.

Comment

• Kyle
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
          ....my big brown bag score on e-bay wouldn't hold air

You did good.
          ah man srry to hear that. that sucks. thats a downside to ebay!
          ________
          E-CIGARETTE STORE
          Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:35 AM.

Comment

• Dutchman
            Speed Bag Historian
            • Jun 2006

Roscoe, how big is the bag? There are still places out there that sell bladders for larger bags. It's a bit tedious to change them out,but once you get the hang of it , it's not all that bad. I have four bags that take the Everlast 14 x 9 bladder, and I've had to change out the bladders in every one of them at least once.

Comment

• Chris M
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
              Roscoe, how big is the bag? There are still places out there that sell bladders for larger bags. It's a bit tedious to change them out,but once you get the hang of it , it's not all that bad. I have four bags that take the Everlast 14 x 9 bladder, and I've had to change out the bladders in every one of them at least once.
              If you buy any bladders, make sure you get Everlast or at least a brand that has the little retainer on the nipple. It sure makes it a lot easier without have to glue the nipple in place and letting it dry first.

Comment

• Dutchman
                Speed Bag Historian
                • Jun 2006

Amen to that!
                Last edited by Dutchman; 08-18-2007, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...