• Show
Clear All
  • 97mustang82
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Aug 2007

Bored, so I took some speed bagging pics

-----------------------------------------------------
    Title 7" Double End Bag \/

Last edited by 97mustang82; 08-19-2007, 09:38 PM.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Hey 97mustang82

I loved the blurred bag and hand images. That really portrays speed.

I have tried to hit with hats, but end up knocking them off when I lean in for Front Fist Rolling.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• 97mustang82
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
      Hey 97mustang82

I loved the blurred bag and hand images. That really portrays speed.

I have tried to hit with hats, but end up knocking them off when I lean in for Front Fist Rolling.
      Yea, i'm just learning to use this camera. It's kind of a pos camera, but I just realized it had a continous shot option thing that gives the blurred effect. lol, My hat tipped off a couple times, I don't usually speed bag with it on, but I just ran into the garage to try this camera thing out. I'll post some videos of me on the speed bag and double end bag on Mon. I'm still a newbie at both, but work my ass off at it. Hope to have your speed and acuracy someday. Watching your videos and skunks always gets me amped to hit the bag.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Simply practice and understanding of how it works. You can Do it!
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ninja420
          • Jan 2007

Cool pictures!

Comment

• rainbowsixveg
            • Jun 2007

Yeah Very cool pics. On the speed bag platform, that wood looks thicker then the ordanairy heavy bag\ speed bag stands?

Comment

• 97mustang82
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Aug 2007

Thanks guys. Actually, thats the wood board that came with the set. It's the newer everlast stand with the 4 post for weights and the moveable peed bag positions. Notice I have sand bags up there? With the 100lb heavy bag + 2 10lb sand bags on the platform + something like 150lbs worth of dumbells on the posts + 2 more 10lbs sand bags on the skinny frame braces and the thing still vibrates. Not to mention no 360 action on the heavy bag. Wasted money.

I spent $10 on a bag mount and nailed it to the 2x6 wood on the ceiling and it's holding my 40lb bag right now with 360 hitting action. I'm taking the everlast stand out and i'm putting it in my room for light workout and mounting a homeade speed bag platform to my garage wall instead. I also bought a couple or thick 250lb capasity eye hook nails for $1.50 lol. I'm gonna nail that to the ceiling for a new 70lb bag and one for the double end bag and i'm set.

I spent $140 on the gym set when I spent only $10.00 on a bag mount, $3.00 for 2 eye hooks, and i'm going to spend no more that $30 on the homemade speed bag platform.

Here are a couple things I found that you can buy at the store for cheap.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rubber 32" bungee cords for douoble end bags that sell for like 6 bucks + shipping for a pair online. You can go to walmart and get a bunch of them for $5. I prefer the regular bungee cord type because the rubber is too tough and tight. You can get 8 bungee cords with different sizes for like $6.00 or 12 for $8.00.

S hooks and snap hooks. Again, walmart for cheap or home depot or hardware stores.

Heavy bag mounts that go for about $10-$15. I'm going to use some $1.50 Eye hook screws that holds up to $250lbs.

Eye hook screws...

The heavy bag mount that I bought is the everlast one that looks like this ...
              The nail that the S hook mounts to is wearing down already. Its been only a couple weeks. The threads are obviously worn out from the hook rubbling against it. It worries me that it might start to thin and bend. Thanks why If your going to but a mount I would recoment the eye hook type, other wise but the eye hook screws for $1.50. Make sure you scre it in there right and all the way and that you do some test to your bag to make sure it's secure before whaling on it.

And the money saver of the day, no surprise, 2 strong bookshelf brackets and a 1.5-2 inch thick 20" diameter wood board. Might glue 2 3/4 thick plywood togerther and nail it to the brackets. Not fully sure of the set up yet, but I have my eye on these real strong brackets that are 20" long. $9.00 each.

If I would have known all this stuff before, I wouldn't of spent all that loot on that damn stand.
              Last edited by 97mustang82; 08-22-2007, 12:30 AM.

Comment

• metaldad
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2007

I was gonna ask you about the vibration factor but you already answered it lol. I've got a Century stand and just Gorilla glued a 3/4" board to my platform to add thickness. To my frustration no go. Gonna have to get a wall mount. I can't cry too much though, it has lasted me a few years. Now I know that wall and ceilng mounting is better
                Last edited by metaldad; 08-23-2007, 10:59 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...