• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

Changing the bladder in a Title bag

Ok gang, I endend up with a hole in my Title speed bag, I took the bladder out (probably a mistake) patched the hole and am now with GRRRRREAT frustration attempting to put the beastie back in. How can I put the bladder back in the bag without shreddding the air intake?
    sigpic
  • Chris M
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2006

You're supposed to glue the bag in place with the nipple over the hole in the bottom of the bag and let it dry. Then you can pump it up. I did one like that and I'll never do it again. From now on I'm buying a bladder from Everlast or another manufacturer that has the retainer on the nipple.

Comment

• firemanjer
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Aug 2007

As well as glue you might try a new bladder. New bladders come with extra material at the nipple that you trim off after the bladder is seated. It helps you get it back through the nipple hole.

Chris, what other brands have a nipple retainer like everlast. I think its the flat type bladder that everlast has that's the problem with their bags being lopsided.

Comment

• metaldad
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2007

thanks guys, I ended up doing it veeeerrrry carefully with a pair of needle nose pliers. It was a pain in the butt getting that nipple through but I got it. Hopefully it will be easier next time.
        sigpic

Comment

• Chris M
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by firemanjer View Post
          As well as glue you might try a new bladder. New bladders come with extra material at the nipple that you trim off after the bladder is seated. It helps you get it back through the nipple hole.

Chris, what other brands have a nipple retainer like everlast. I think its the flat type bladder that everlast has that's the problem with their bags being lopsided.
          Actually, the only one that I could find at the time I bought my last one was an everlast. I think there are others out there, try looking on titleboxing.com or ringside.com.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...