Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

Since I have to narrow it down to 5, here goes:
    5) Chimaira- The Dehumanizing Process
    4) Exodus- Verbal Razors
    3) Slayer- War Ensemble
    2) Metallica- Mater of Puppets
    1) Megadeth- Holy Wars...The Punishment Due
    I could go on and on covering other genres besides metal, but then we'd be here a looooooong time
    sigpic

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

I must confess I am a man of many moods, and my choice really depends on the mood I'm in. As a music major through high school and college, and having lived through many music genre's, I can look back and see times in my life that are defined by a particular song, album or style. I have favorites of ALL kinds, including Classical, Drums, Guitar Bluegrass, Big Band, Swing, Opera, Disco, Rock, pop, hair bands, choral, folk, some hip hop, Movie themes, Dixieland and international music.

Some of my more pensive favorites:
      Empty Chairs
      Crossroads
      Brige over troubled waters
      each came along at an important time of my life. You'll tend to remember those....

I punch to a LOT of different stuff. Right now I'm loving music from the "Phantom of the Opera" (Overture and theme), Dueling Banjo's, I heard it through the grapevine, theme from contender and sail away - to name a few.

I guess what's important is to have music to match every mood.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• metaldad
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
        I must confess I am a man of many moods, and my choice really depends on the mood I'm in. As a music major through high school and college, and having lived through many music genre's, I can look back and see times in my life that are defined by a particular song, album or style. I have favorites of ALL kinds, including Classical, Drums, Guitar Bluegrass, Big Band, Swing, Opera, Disco, Rock, pop, hair bands, choral, folk, some hip hop, Movie themes, Dixieland and international music.

Some of my more pensive favorites:
        Empty Chairs
        Crossroads
        Brige over troubled waters
        each came along at an important time of my life. You'll tend to remember those....

I punch to a LOT of different stuff. Right now I'm loving music from the "Phantom of the Opera" (Overture and theme), Dueling Banjo's, I heard it through the grapevine, theme from contender and sail away - to name a few.

I guess what's important is to have music to match every mood.
        So true.. I'm just addicted to the aggression and technicality of metal. However, you put on some Al Di Meola, Gypsy Kings,Level 42 or Parliament/Funkadelic and it's alllllllll over baby!!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...