• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CaliG
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Sep 2007

Everlast Desktop speed bag - any good?

Has anyone "played" with the desktop speed bag?

Is it just a novelty or is it actually useful to have at the office?

I just started working at a copy center and it seems like it might be a good way to pass the time when there's no one around.

Or maybe just a waste of money.

What do you think?
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by CaliG View Post
    Has anyone "played" with the desktop speed bag?

Is it just a novelty or is it actually useful to have at the office?

I just started working at a copy center and it seems like it might be a good way to pass the time when there's no one around.

Or maybe just a waste of money.

What do you think?
    As a speed bag lover, I support anything that opens the door to introduce speed bag to anyone, anywhere.
    I think the Desktop Speed Bag is an interesting novelty that can do that, and perhaps it tells the world you're a speed bagger, but I seriously doubt it has any real training potential, only because any serious punch would break the suction of the cup holder. I can't say for sure cause I've never really used one, but I can just see this think flying through the office as someone goes "rocky" on it and gives a shot. I'd like to see that.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• CaliG
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Sep 2007

Hi AK,

I have seen one at a store where they put a weight plate over the suction cup and then screwed the thing together keeping it in place.

But of course when you hit it it just comes right back because of the spring. So you don't really develop the hand eye coordination that you get with the real thing.

So I suppose it's basically a toy and a fun little gift for a speed bagger.

Good times,

Greg
      Last edited by CaliG; 10-04-2007, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...