• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Balazs UBS universal stand

The 2 position Universal Boxing Stand (UBS-2) by Balazs Boxing has always looked like a pretty stable free standing unit.

Here is a videoclip I found of it in use.

I wish you could see the ground on this video, for it looks to be rocking a bit, and he is NOT hitting the speed bag very hard. Maybe the base is on uneven ground. There also appears to be a guy in a white ball cap holding the upright vertical arm steady.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

I did extensive research when replacing my original freestanding Everlast platform...

My opinion is that no single pole speed bag stand can be motion free...It doesn't surprise me at all to see that amount of motion. I'd be surprised if that unit is any more stable than the cheapie free standing setups in Sports Authority. The higher quality drum probably helps, but the achilles heel is the single vertical. The counter balance of the heavy bag hardly helps any. It actually aggravates the problem because the heavy bag starts swinging and contributes to the problem (you can see the heavy bag moving in that video)

The most promising freestanding unit I've seen is this (PRIME FIGHTER COMMERCIAL HEAVY WEIGHT STATION-sku 1000A)

Ultimately, I didn't get the PRIMEFIGHTER unit because the cost of freight alone was hundreds of dollars (that's a big, heavy unit)

I could not find an acceptable freestanding platform so I built the 4 sided contraption in my garage instead, and I've been quite pleased with it.

That being said, I'd love to see this unit from New York Barbells in action. I imagine it has considerable side to side movement, but the two pole should mitigate front to back movement.
    Last edited by Tim; 01-05-2008, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• metaldad
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
      The 2 position Universal Boxing Stand (UBS-2) by Balazs Boxing has always looked like a pretty stable free standing unit.

Here is a videoclip I found of it in use.

I wish you could see the ground on this video, for it looks to be rocking a bit, and he is NOT hitting the speed bag very hard. Maybe the base is on uneven ground. There also appears to be a guy in a white ball cap holding the upright vertical arm steady.
      For th price you'd think there would be ZERO vibration
      sigpic

Comment

• biguglybear
        • Mar 2010

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
        For th price you'd think there would be ZERO vibration
        Yeah, no kidding--if I paid the $2100 price that thing lists for now, I would definately be disappointed. I don't see the justification in the price.

Comment

• metaldad
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by biguglybear View Post
          Yeah, no kidding--if I paid the $2100 price that thing lists for now, I would definately be disappointed. I don't see the justification in the price.
          AMEN to that!!
          sigpic

Comment

• SpeedBagScissorhands
            Spin Master

• Aug 2008

im gonna go out on a limb and say the Balazs is worth every penny of the 2100$. 2 reasons.....it will last forever and the quality is unbeatable. I use the one at my gym. its rock solid- for someone like me who made a name and life speed baggging its worth every penny.just my 2 cents speed bag scissorhands

Comment

• biguglybear
              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by SpeedBagScissorhands View Post
              im gonna go out on a limb and say the Balazs is worth every penny of the 2100$. 2 reasons.....it will last forever and the quality is unbeatable. I use the one at my gym. its rock solid- for someone like me who made a name and life speed baggging its worth every penny.just my 2 cents speed bag scissorhands
              Well there you have it, then. From a man who ought to know.

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by biguglybear View Post
                Well there you have it, then. From a man who ought to know.
                note to Biguglybear. Scissorhands may be a bit dizzy from all those spins....

I'm just sayin....

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• biguglybear
                  • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                  note to Biguglybear. Scissorhands may be a bit dizzy from all those spins....

I'm just sayin....

I hear what you're saying, brother! Adam, a few less spins, buddy. Hah, just kidding!

Comment

• SpeedBagScissorhands
                    Spin Master

• Aug 2008

hahahah im telling you its the only set up you will ever buy in your life time its worth the money- im sure we all spent thousands of dollars on things or girls we will never see again! BALAZS is great!!!!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...