• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rosemont
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jun 2006

Pro Mex Bag Review

I just spent a week on the Pro Mex 8x5 bag. Pros: Lightweight, fast and durable. Cons: Leather is pretty hard (my hands are killing me) although I'm sure it will soften. My Title 9x6 bag came much softer though, so we'll see in the long run. The Pro Mex also seems to lack natural rebound depending more on your hand speed rather than bounce. Feels like a plastic bladder inside but I haven't unlaced to make sure. On a scale of 1-5 with 5 being the best I would give it a 3.
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Thanks, I was wondering if the pro-mex stuff was any good. You would say the regular title 9x6 is better then ? Would you call it a 4 on a scale of 1 to 5 ?

Comment

• Rosemont
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Jun 2006

Will find out tomorrow

Actually Tim, I have only used an Everlast professional series (that one came lopsided so I never really got to test it long term), a Top Contender which is like punching a feather bed, (really easy on the hands) and a Cleto Reyes which I used when I first started hitting a bag and it was so fast I couldn't keep up with it due to its' walnut-sized dimensions. Tomorrow I begin using the Title 9x6 which feels awfully soft and springy so I am really excited. I would call the Pro-Mex average, The Everlast doesn't get a rating, and The Top Contender above average. I'm not an expert yet by any means as I have just now started the elbowing segment of Alan's DVD, but I DO know what saves wear and tear on the hands, and as fast as it is, the Pro-Mex 8x5 leaves me reaching for the ice packs because I have to hit it extra hard to get it to rebound as fast as I am capable of punching. Maybe with time it will get some more bounce. I'll keep you posted as it gets broken in a little better.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...