X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbirdmma
    • Jan 2008

ringside RSAP 2 platform!

hey i just started getting into the speed bag and mma and I love it! for my first speed bag platform in my basment home gym i bought the ringside RSAP 2 platform. i cost $63 shipped to my door. i received it from ringside very quickly(unlike the other stuff i ordered from title) in less than a week. it was fairly easy to install but the directions it comes with are not very good. anyhow i put the platform together in under 20 minutes. i a unique setup in my basement using wooden runners as the king himself says to do. i will have pictures up shortly but i dont have my camera at the moment =/. once it was up it was time to put it to the test. i bought an everlast pro 6x9(which the leather is cracking everywhere on it after only a few days) but it still works. when i hit the bag the platform does seem very stable. not much vibration. i was a little surprised how well a cheap platform like this would work. i've had it for almost a month now and its great. i've been using it everyday now and im addicted. hopefully one day i will be a master like alan,zach,tim,and billymack. A great platform for a great price.

swivel: it comes with a ringside chain link swivel. its an alright swivel but i think a will change it soon to a plastic everlast ballhook.

platform: only a 1/2 in thick but after putting 50 pounds of weight on top it works fine. no complaints with it.

setup: easy enough. bad directions but you dont really need them.

speed bag: everlast pro 6x9 a good bag but very poor leather. cracking leather all over the place pretty dissapointed.

overall: a 9/10 a great platform for a great price. i would recomend this platform to anyone who wants a cheap reliable platform. will post pics soon.

platform
    At Ringside, we are serious about fight sports, especially boxing and MMA. We offer the best prices on boxing equipment in addition to videos, tutorials, and guides. Low-cost shipping guaranteed!

swivel included
    At Ringside, we are serious about fight sports, especially boxing and MMA. We offer the best prices on boxing equipment in addition to videos, tutorials, and guides. Low-cost shipping guaranteed!

bag
    Discover top-quality apparel, footwear, and equipment for online fitness enthusiasts at Everlast. Elevate your workouts with our premium selection today!

hope this was helpful.
  • riqal
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2006

Hey great. You know, I believe the "cheap" platforms work very well when you add a bag of sand to the top. No need to spend the hundreds of dollars on the professional grade platforms. My first platform was the cheap everlast adjustable platform, which is still on the garage wall at my parents' house. It's over 20 years old and I keep a bag on it to hit it a few times whenever I visit. At my house I have a professional grade platform from ringside with a 1.25-inch thick platform that is 30 inches in diameter (it was discounted 70%, otherwise I would not have bought it), and I also have the cheap everlast nonadjustable deluxe platform with a 24-inch platform diameter that is .75 inches thick. I prefer the cheaper one when I add sand to the top.

You said the platform was a half an inch thick, but it is advertised as .75 inches thick. Are you sure it's just half an inch?

I have that same chainlink swivel, and although I don't think it is as good as the everlast chainlink, I think it works better than the plastic ball hook for front circle punches, which is all I care to do. I find that it is definitely faster than the plastic on front punches.

I have 3 everlast bags ( 2 new pro bags and an old 4204 gyro balanced). Each cracking to a small degree, but each also works very well. I also have a 10 x 7 tuf-wear with leather that is smoother than my 10-month-old's bottom. The quality of the tuf-wear is impressive and you can get them for the same price as everlast.
    Last edited by riqal; 02-10-2008, 08:05 AM.

Comment

• dbirdmma
      • Jan 2008

thanks for correcting me i measured the platform this morning and it is .75 inches thick. thanks for the correction.

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Good review. I had the original RSAP model back in the day - my first speed bag platform. Like the RSAP 2 it also was a good unit.

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

An inexpensive unit is great for the beginner on a budget who really isn't sure it's gonna be his lifelong passion. They should hold up fine if used correctly by one or two considerate people who don't simply pound it into oblivion. I have used several "inexpensive units" for many years and they appear in many of my earlier video's.. This was a $19.95 wall unit from Service Merchandise I purchased in 1991, hung here in my garage. The pictures for the "Bible" were shot in the garge, and it appears on the cover. It later got move to my spare bedroom and showed up in my DVD video's, which this footage is cut from. It's the same board. Not bad for $20.00.

It has been moved back to my garage, now part of tandem setup, and is still used occassionally. Rock Solid just like 1991. No sand bags over the top, either.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...