• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • riqal
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2006

Here is the platform that I use

This is one of two platforms that I have. The other one is not mounted yet (I am still in negotiations about this with my wife). Anyway, the one that you see is the Everlast Deluxe nonadjustable platform that I bought from the everlast site for $79. It's a good platform and like any other economical platform, you gotta add some weight to the top to maximize performance. That is a book bag with about 30 lbs of sand in it on top of the platform. The wood is no different than what you would get with the cheapie everlast adjustable platform for $59. If I had to do it all over again, I would have bought that $59 adjustable platform from everlast. It includes the vinyl speedbag that actually is a decent bag. The deluxe set did not include a bag.

The set came with the plastic ballhook, which I used for several months before switching to the ringside chainlink that is shown in the pic. This swivel is a great swivel.

The black bag is a 6 x 4 and the blue one is an 8 x 5. Both are the professional bags.
    Last edited by riqal; 12-20-2008, 02:40 PM.
  • SpeedBagSkunk
    Speed Bag Skunk doesn't need a title, you already know

• Oct 2006

!!

now just a video of you tearin it up and we will be straight!!

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by riqal View Post
      This is one of two platforms that I have. The other one is not mounted yet (I am still in negotiations about this with my wife). Anyway, the one that you see is the Everlast Deluxe nonadjustable platform that I bought from the everlast site for $79. It's a good platform and like any other economical platform, you gotta add some weight to the top to maximize performance. That is a book bag with about 30 lbs of sand in it on top of the platform. The wood is no different than what you would get with the cheapie everlast adjustable platform for $59. If I had to do it all over again, I would have bought that $59 adjustable platform from everlast. It includes the vinyl speedbag that actually is a decent bag. The deluxe set did not include a bag.

The set came with the plastic ballhook, which I used for several months before switching to the ringside chainlink that is shown in the pic. This swivel is a great swivel.
      [ATTACH]259[/ATTACH][ATTACH]260[/ATTACH][ATTACH]261[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]262[/ATTACH][ATTACH]263[/ATTACH]

The black bag is a 6 x 4 and the blue one is an 8 x 5. Both are the professional bags.
      You can really see the difference between a Blue "teardrop" bag and a Black "bananna" shape in this picture.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...