• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • riqal
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2006

Everlast MX with title lighting fast swivel

Picked up the MX bag during the cinco de mayo sale. It’s hanging on the lighting fast title swivel. Everlast may not have the variety that title and ringside have, but the few bags that Everlast does sell are as good as any.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0872.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	501.1 KB
ID:	94543

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • rdshackleford
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2016

Made in Mexico, looks real nice. Which size did you get?
    @ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• riqal
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
      Made in Mexico, looks real nice. Which size did you get?

It only comes in size 8x5. Bigger than what you’d expect from an 8x5.

Comment

• rdshackleford
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Oct 2016

Originally posted by riqal View Post
        It only comes in size 8x5. Bigger than what you’d expect from an 8x5.
        I expect an 8x5 bag being 8x5. lol. maybe they do the metric system en mehico?
        @ArcSwivel
        #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Dutchman
          Speed Bag Historian
          • Jun 2006

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
          I expect an 8x5 bag being 8x5. lol. maybe they do the metric system en mehico?
          Si........20.32 cm x 12.7 cm...

I wouldn't be surprised if they rounded the dimensions out to 21 or even 22 cm and 13, or 14cm

Comment

• riqal
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
            Si........20.32 cm x 12.7 cm...

I wouldn't be surprised if they rounded the dimensions out to 21 or even 22 cm and 13, or 14cm

Damn good bag, though. It’s bigger than the kangaroo 8x5, and bigger than the title or ringside 8x5’s. I’ll post some comparison pics in a little while.

Comment

• riqal
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Aug 2006

Damn good bag, though. It’s bigger than the kangaroo 8x5, and bigger than the title or ringside 8x5’s. I’ll post some comparison pics in a little while.

Here is a comparison. These are all my 8x5’s. The MX is just a little taller than the rest.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0873.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	430.4 KB
ID:	91527

Last edited by riqal; 05-10-2018, 03:30 PM.

Comment

• BagBoy
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Jan 2018

I'm glad you posted this thread, I've been curious about those bags. Amazon says out of stock

I wonder how it compares to the kanga or are they both good bags just different animals. pun intended

Edit: is that the ringside heritage second from the right?
                Last edited by BagBoy; 05-10-2018, 08:11 PM.
                Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• riqal
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Aug 2006

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
                  I'm glad you posted this thread, I've been curious about those bags. Amazon says out of stock

I wonder how it compares to the kanga or are they both good bags just different animals. pun intended

Edit: is that the ringside heritage second from the right?
                  The MX and the kangaroo are both good bags, although I would have to give the edge to the MX. The craftsmanship of the MX is solid. Heavier than the kangaroo. The feel and action of the bag is similar to Cleto Reyes. It even has the exact same bladder as the Cleto. I have never used the mx on a ball hook swivel, and so I can’t tell you how it would perform on the ball hook. I’ve used it on the everlast chain link and on a variety of u-bolts. Worked very well on those swivels. I currently have it on the title lighting swivel. Sweet action. If you haven’t picked up the title lighting fast swivel, do so. It’s the only u-bolt you’ll ever want to use. Anyway, wait til everlast has a 40-50% off sale and pick up an MX. Yes, that is a heritage ringside. One of the best bags ever.
                  Last edited by riqal; 05-11-2018, 08:11 AM.

Comment

• BagBoy
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Jan 2018

The MX and the kangaroo are both good bags, although I would have to give the edge to the MX. The craftsmanship of the MX is solid. Heavier than the kangaroo. The feel and action of the bag is similar to Cleto Reyes. It even has the exact same bladder as the Cleto. I have never used the mx on a ball hook swivel, and so I can’t tell you how it would perform on the ball hook. I’ve used it on the everlast chain link and on a variety of u-bolts. Worked very well on those swivels. I currently have it on the title lighting swivel. Sweet action. If you haven’t picked up the title lighting fast swivel, do so. It’s the only u-bolt you’ll ever want to use. Anyway, wait til everlast has a 40-50% off sale and pick up an MX. Yes, that is a heritage ringside. One of the best bags ever.
                    Well I guess I'll keep an eye out for the MX getting back in stock. You say it has a Cleto feel, I love all my Cleto bags. They work very well on my forza ball hook and old everlast ball hook I bought from florian380, especially the cleto medium. Definitely ordering the title lightning fast swivel too. I sooo want to get my hands on a heritage bag. My wife is a gifter.. birthday coming up in a few months

Side note: The 6-9 Title classic (red) does not work as well as any other bag I have with either of my ball hooks, perhaps because it is so light? But it's great on an everlast U-hook.
                    Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Kenal0
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Feb 2018

I love this bag. I have a used one and just ordered a new one from Everlast last night for my setup at work. It is a great size for me, good weight and nice rebound. I use it with an older everlast ball hook swivel and an XMark 2811 platform. Very solid

Kenal0

Comment

• Speedbag
                        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Kenal0 View Post
                        I love this bag. I have a used one and just ordered a new one from Everlast last night for my setup at work. It is a great size for me, good weight and nice rebound. I use it with an older everlast ball hook swivel and an XMark 2811 platform. Very solid

Kenal0
                        Links to what you are talking about are always appreciated....
                        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                        The Quest Continues...
                        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• riqal
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Kenal0 View Post

Kenal0

You’ll love that new one even more. I believe your used one doesn’t have the original bladder. I made the mistake of changing the bladder out of my first MX bag a few days after I received it. The problem wasn’t the bladder, but rather the crappy swivel I was using at the time. My new MX with its original bladder works so well. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT change the bladder in your new MX once you receive it. Give it s chance. And pump it up good. It won’t burst. The bladder inside is huge. Easily big enough for an 11x8 bag.

Comment

• ZurdO_23
                            Speed Bag Trainee
                            • Feb 2021

I was surprise to see that someone has done this before. I also have the Everlast MX Speed Bag and the Title Lighting Fast Super Swivel set up and it works amazingly well. Everlast_Platform_Everlast_MX_SpeedBag_Title_Lighting_Fast_Super_Swivel
                            Last edited by ZurdO_23; 02-28-2021, 03:37 AM.

Comment

• ZurdO_23
                              Speed Bag Trainee
                              • Feb 2021

Everlast_Platform_Everlast_MX_SpeedBag_Title_Light ing_Fast_Super_Swivel

The Platform is the only thing that isn't bought. I made it myself.
                              Everlast_Platform_Everlast_MX_SpeedBag_Title_Lighting_Fast_Super_Swivel.2
                              Last edited by ZurdO_23; 02-28-2021, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...