X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • m.breen
    • Jan 2017

How to remove bag from swivel

I put a big arse vintage bag on a vintage everlast swivel, and I cant get it off. The swivel is a ball and hook, and the bag has a big arse leather loop, with some kind of heavy fabric stiched into it. The hook is getting caught on the fabric. I don't want to damage either of these any more than I have. Can anybody give me any advice. I have tried using pliers, vice grips, and KY type lubricant. Any help is appreciated.
  • rdshackleford
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2016

some pictures would help
    @ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• BagBoy
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jan 2018

Can you get the tip of some needle nose plyers in there to help guide the thing out? Even the thin end of a chop stick?

Yes, pictures!
      Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• m.breen
        • Jan 2017

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately I have not been able to post pictures on this sight.When I try to post a picture, I get "a security token is missing". I am not computer literate enough to figure it out.

Comment

• BagBoy
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jan 2018

Any luck getting the bag off yet?
          Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• m.breen
            • Jan 2017

Got it..... I brought it in from the damp garage and let the leather dry for a day, to shrink it a bit. I then slid a piece of "crazy carpet" between the loop and the swivel and used a pair of pliers to pull the loop off. Lesson learned. I have two vintage bags with the same thick loop, Weider and a ATF. I won't be putting either of these on a ball hook swivel again. "D" rings only. Thanks for the suggestions everybody, I thought I was going to have to either sacrifice the swivel or the bag, or leave the bag on that swivel permanently.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...