Thread: Stuck in a rut
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 12:38 AM
Speed Bag Guru

Roc Stone has a reputation beyond reputeRoc Stone has a reputation beyond reputeRoc Stone has a reputation beyond reputeRoc Stone has a reputation beyond reputeRoc Stone has a reputation beyond reputeRoc Stone has a reputation beyond reputeRoc Stone has a reputation beyond reputeRoc Stone has a reputation beyond reputeRoc Stone has a reputation beyond reputeRoc Stone has a reputation beyond reputeRoc Stone has a reputation beyond repute
Noticed you are using the everlast plastic B/H swivel. I have not long changed to one of those myself.

To be honest I find them quite dull, and admittedly I only went to it because I got a knock on the door from my neighbours (noise).

Yeah sure, by using the plastic B/H swivel I was able to cut the noise down, but by loosing that extra noise, our old friend 'the click', I must have lost about 30% inspiration.

At this point, as Tim says, I turn to something I want to get better at. Page 152 of SBB usually does it for me. After a session of that it usually brings me back to what I know I can do fluently, which makes me feel a whole lot better about it.

So, if noise isn't a problem for you, those all metal B/H swivels are much more entertaining in my opinion, and you will notice the difference. I believe the Watkins all metal B/H swivel are still readily available and if you persist you may also find an everlast model which I consider to be top of the range and the most sensitive.

A good range of different size bags also provides different options too.

Good luck.