• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rdshackleford
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2016

Double-end bag fun!

Has anyone else tried the double-end bag? Its tons of fun!
    @ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic
  • HipSlap
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Feb 2013

The "other" bags - heavy bag, double end bag, and any other non-speed bag boxing or martial arts equipment discussion.

Comment

• rdshackleford
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2016

How would I google that?
      @ArcSwivel
      #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• BagBoy
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Jan 2018

Totally on the fence about getting a double end. You say it's fun...? Fun is good.

Rusty, regarding the red bags you have mounted and seen in your current avatar; Did you collect those over time from various places? They look new or at least very well maintained. They all the same bag?
        Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• rdshackleford
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2016

I think there are four 4213’s, a 4207, and a 4205. All in great shape from eBay over the last 2 years.
          @ArcSwivel
          #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• m.breen
            • Jan 2017

I am going to set one up ASAP. Just need to find one on kijiji. Haven't tried one yet.

Comment

• JoMan
              • Nov 2016

I have a double-end bag and agree that it's a fun option to the speed bag. I have a 10" round style. The "Mexican style" shape is fun too but has a different rhythm to it than a round bag.

Comment

• rdshackleford
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Oct 2016

Got any pics? I'm curious how other people do the rigging. Bungee on both ends? I have paracord on the top and bungee on the bottom with adjustable links for changing the speed.
                @ArcSwivel
                #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Dutchman
                  Speed Bag Historian
                  • Jun 2006

I've tried it with the bungee on the bottom only, and on both ends. I prefer the latter, it's a little "wilder" IMHO that way.

Comment

• rdshackleford
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Oct 2016

I had trouble getting the bag height correct with bungee on top and bottom. I have the bungee with the molded plastic hooks, so can't adjust the bungee length.

Do you guys like using gloves, wraps, or bare hands? I think I prefer big boxing gloves. Maybe because it softens the punch and the bag doesn't rebound so wild?
                    @ArcSwivel
                    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Dutchman
                      Speed Bag Historian
                      • Jun 2006

I use both bag mitts, and 16 oz gloves, depending upon what kind of result I'm going for.

Comment

• JoMan
                        • Nov 2016

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
                        Got any pics? I'm curious how other people do the rigging. Bungee on both ends? I have paracord on the top and bungee on the bottom with adjustable links for changing the speed.
                        I'll have to take some pics but don't have any at the moment.

What I have is a basic Title DE bag (I think 7", maybe 6"...I'd have to measure the circumference and do algebra to be exact, squinting with my eye for a measurement comes to about 6.5 inches wide): https://www.titleboxing.com/punching...double-end-bag

This is set up in my garage gym. So, over the rafters I have an adustable nylon strap attached to the top of the bag (https://www.homedepot.com/p/Classic-...01-00/20302835). That allows me to adjust to the perfect height that suits me.

For the bottom, I use a bungee that's has a clasp at each end instead of hooks.

The bottom is anchored by one of these, filled with sand: https://www.titleboxing.com/punching...nchor-unfilled

I also have a 20lb iron weight that sits beneath the sand-filled anchor, between the base (mine is plywood 12"x12") and the anchor and has the chain running through the center of it.

I also had to replace the bladder sometime within the last year, so I have an orange Enkay bladder (not sure of what size) that I ordered from Forza or Everlast (not 100% sure), that is holding air like a fish and gives an awesome bounce and rebound!!!
                        Last edited by JoMan; 04-19-2019, 06:17 PM.

Comment

• JoMan
                          • Nov 2016

As far as what gloves...the DE bag is a precision bag used to develop accuracy. So I use some Ringside "mma" style gloves for when I hit this. On the odd occasion I will use regular boxing gloves (usually 10oz) for the DE bag if I want more of a shoulder burn. I've found that 16oz gloves are too cumbersome for hitting a DE, because of the small target window for a DE bag's rebound a 16oz are usually big pillows. I use 16oz on my big 100lb heavy bag, and 10oz also for my 30lb water/foam hybrid bag (It's an old Ringside about 24" high).

Comment

• Zaz
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Sep 2018

I tried a lot of combinations of cables for my double end bag. Adjustable rubber cable on top and bungee cord on bottom worked best for me. Also, i use Title speed bag gloves for my double end bag workout https://www.titleboxing.com/title-le...eed-bag-gloves. I don't use them on the speed bag but they work like a charm for the double end bag! Here's a picture of my setup:
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Zaz; 04-23-2019, 08:16 AM.

Comment

• rdshackleford
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Oct 2016

I spy with my little eye and Arc Fuel in the background. Nice!
                              @ArcSwivel
                              #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...