X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Hitting to Santana: 6 Months In

Well, it's been 6 months since I started hitting the speed bag. I just downloaded this Santana song a few days ago after hearing it on the web because, well, I really liked it, and also, I thought it might be a nice (slower-paced) song that I could hit to... I've been trying very hard to slow down with my punching. As you can see, I'm still needing to work on that. Oh well. I don't mind practicing till I get it right... (I also wanted to see if YouTube would delete this music from my video.)
    I just got iMovie (movie-editing software) for my Mac, and this is my first effort at editing. It's pretty easy to figure out... Can't wait to do some more videos...

sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

Wow MsDee!! You've got those I-DES down!! Nice touch with the mirror. Great song choice! I don't know all of Santana's music, but you can't deny good stuff when you hear it! I may be a hardcore metalhead but I love my guitar players!! Keep 'em coming!
    sigpic

Comment

• paranday
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Sep 2009

Fan Club Approved. The endorsement deal, an appearance on Oprah, etc., are sure to follow.

Nice extended flourish of Front Fist Rolling at the end. Looks like you could keep that going indefinitely. You rock, girl!

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Sluggin' away...

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
        Wow MsDee!! You've got those I-DES down!! Nice touch with the mirror. Great song choice! I don't know all of Santana's music, but you can't deny good stuff when you hear it! I may be a hardcore metalhead but I love my guitar players!! Keep 'em coming!
        You know, I never appreciated Santana until I started hitting the bag... one of my favorite YouTube videos is one that The Punch Professor (Paulie D) posted some time back on YouTube with Santana as the background music. Here's the link:
        Paulie D' is the Punch Professor. I have spent more than 40 years in Boxing gyms around the U.S.A. and have studied the art of punching..The speed bag is jus...

My I-DES punches are not perfect (in my eyes – I can be very hard on myself at times...), but I think I have come a long way since I first started working on them. Thanks for the positive comments, MD, they are truly appreciated. More time under the board, and hopefully I'll have them down pat!

Originally posted by paranday View Post
        Fan Club Approved. The endorsement deal, an appearance on Oprah, etc., are sure to follow.

Nice extended flourish of Front Fist Rolling at the end. Looks like you could keep that going indefinitely. You rock, girl!
        FCA! I was hoping to hear from my "fan club." Thanks, Jim. I'll let you know when I hear from Oprah!

I'm looking for an agent...
        Last edited by MsDeville; 02-21-2010, 06:26 PM. Reason: clarification of my I-DES punches
        sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
        I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• spinsmashpop
          Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Great stuff! Nice elbows! That bag looks like it has great rebound off that board!
          BAG ON!

Comment

• ukspeedbag
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Nov 2007

Excellent work again Dee. Your improving on the elbow stuff. Liked the idea of the mirror too!

Comment

• metaldad
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
              Great stuff! Nice elbows! That bag looks like it has great rebound off that board!
              BAG ON!
              That board and swivel combined rule! Quiet, no vibration. Just solidity and smoothness! They really shoul geta patent....You and Your Husband reading this DEE? GET THE PATENT!!
              sigpic

Comment

• Biff
                Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

The vids keep getting better and better. Two

Comment

• Geronimo
                  • Sep 2009

Nice job Ms Dee, love the set up, the vid, and the quality! great work keep them coming!

Comment

• SpeedBagSkunk
                    Speed Bag Skunk doesn't need a title, you already know

• Oct 2006

Awesome!!!!!!

I am very impressed Ms. Dee . ^ months in and already making it look easy!!!!! totall killer video. I love to see another person hitting the bag and knowing they are having just a great time punching. Again Ms. Dee Great video and Be sure to BAG on!!!

Comment

• Speedbag
                      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

A very cool song for Punch Drumming. Very nice punching. You sounded "on beat" most of the time, with a pretty nice variety of techniques and elbows. Sounds like you're starting to "hear the bag beat" pretty well now against music.

Good job. I wish your bag was just a bit lower.....
                      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                      The Quest Continues...
                      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                        BAG ON!
                        Yes, it has great reound! This Red & Blue Everlast bag is the new love of my [speed bag] life right now. I was in a speed bag-buying frenzy this past month and this one was on sale for $19, so I bought two! I think I just intuitively knew that I would love this bag. I managed to blow the bladder within 2 days, but THIS TIME I was ready with a backup bladder. I actually liked the replacement bladder more – I got a better "feel" on the bag, and seemed like better rebound... Hitting on my solid steel 1/2-inch steel drum is great. Although, some day I'd like to find one of those 2-inch thick butcher-block-style drums (maybe like Roc Stone's?). I figure that they would probably have a rich resonance when hitting the bag...?? Thanks for the nice comments, spins!

Originally posted by ukspeedbag View Post
                        Excellent work again Dee. Your improving on the elbow stuff. Liked the idea of the mirror too!
                        Yeah, I try to change things up. I thought it would be kinda cool to get both front and back angles of me hitting on the bag.

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                        That board and swivel combined rule! Quiet, no vibration. Just solidity and smoothness! They really shoul geta patent....You and Your Husband reading this DEE? GET THE PATENT!!
                        Yup! I made him read this. I keep telling him that he should market this platform, or patent it, or something! Although aad03 (new to forum) is definitely on to something with his steel-plate design!

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                        The vids keep getting better and better. Two
                        Thanks for the thumbs up, Biff. For the past month I've been mulling it over as to what kind of song I was going to hit to for my so-called "6-Month Update." Fast, slow, R&B, pop, even hip-hop was in the running! I ended up simply going out there, warming up, turning on the ipod & the camera, and letting chance decide at that moment. I'm glad Santana was first on the Playlist...

Originally posted by Geronimo View Post
                        Nice job Ms Dee, love the set up, the vid, and the quality! great work keep them coming!
                        Thanks, G. I'm constantly "fiddling" with my little workout studio out by the woodpile... Look forward to more of your handiwork...

Originally posted by SpeedBagSkunk View Post
                        I am very impressed Ms. Dee . 6 months in and already making it look easy!!!!! totall killer video. I love to see another person hitting the bag and knowing they are having just a great time punching. Again Ms. Dee Great video and Be sure to BAG on!!!
                        Thanks, Skunk! Yeah, it's such a blast hitting on the bag. Thanks for all those demo videos that you post on YouTube. They're very useful tools.
                        Bag on!

Comment

• deano
                          Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

6mths and killing it, top kit of punches, awesom elbows, punch drumming ear,
                          weight loss, you should have a big smile on your dial MsDEE, looking forward to
                          The next 6mths and beyond from you.deano

Comment

• Griffin
                            • Jan 2010

This Red & Blue Everlast bag is the new love of my [speed bag] life right now. I was in a speed bag-buying frenzy this past month and this one was on sale for $19, so I bought two! I think I just intuitively knew that I would love this bag. I managed to blow the bladder within 2 days, but THIS TIME I was ready with a backup bladder. I actually liked the replacement bladder more – I got a better "feel" on the bag, and seemed like better rebound...
                            I also love this bag -- like you, I picked it up while it was on sale. The new rubber bladder improved it quite a lot, in my inexperienced opinion. The plastic one popped almost immediately. Now, the more I hit it, the better it's getting; seems much less lopsided that it did to me initially, and yes, the rebound is better also. I'm finding that taking a bit of air out REALLY helps.

Funny that you should have the exact same observation -- I thought it was remarkable how different it was, but couldn't be sure it wasn't me... wish they were still on sale, I'd get another one, as I'm definitely going to wear this one out (yeah right. In three years maybe...)
                            Last edited by Griffin; 02-22-2010, 03:00 PM.

Comment

• 10Alton
                              Speed Bag Trainee
                              • May 2009

Nice!!!

Nice work, I'd like one of those platforms myself. Listen to the guys get the Patent. Get the patent, get the patent.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...