X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lee Chapman
    • Feb 2017

Originally posted by ventanakaz
    BTW, That balazs bag doesn't seem slow like other members mentioned, I might buy one sometime at a later date, i'll probably get the biggest size they offer ;-)
    Thanks, perhaps as I am getting used th the bag my speed is picking up.

I bought a smaller size as I would like to get competent on one of the small ones in time and only bought that second one, the smallest they do as it saved me on shipping to the UK.

L
    If you can't do it slow, you can't do it fast.
    So Slow = Smooth and Smooth = Fast.

Comment

• jaja6009
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Dec 2016

Great job Lee! A lot of improvement. Can't wait to see you in a couple months.

Comment

• Lee Chapman
        • Feb 2017

Originally posted by jaja6009 View Post
        Great job Lee! A lot of improvement. Can't wait to see you in a couple months.
        Thanks mate

Comment

• Lee Chapman
          • Feb 2017

Originally posted by ventanakaz
          ...it would be nice to see you hit on both size bags in one video, Just to get a comparison between the two sizes
          Hi

Here's a vid I just did for you. I have inflated all 3 bags to 4 psi, and just did a minute on each one so you can see. I have also attached a photo of all 3 bags side by side.

Cheers
          L
          Attached Files

Comment

• rdshackleford
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Oct 2016

Lee, I like your form. IMO you should try lowering the bag/platform an inch or two just to see how it feels. I hear the telltale clink of the bag jumping up when you lose the speed/rhythm.

-Rusty
            @ArcSwivel
            #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Lee Chapman
              • Feb 2017

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
              Lee, I like your form. IMO you should try lowering the bag/platform an inch or two just to see how it feels. I hear the telltale clink of the bag jumping up when you lose the speed/rhythm.

-Rusty
              Cheers Rusty

You know, I was just thinking that at the end of the session I did just after I did that vid. As a martial artist of quite a few years I am conscious of making sure I keep that form as clean as possible, especially as I don't have anyone looking over my shoulder to give instant corrections. I felt like I was hitting the bag too high, so just above the belly and that was sending the bag upward and making it sound like Jacob Marley's chains. It is especially noticeable on reverse double punch and reverse fist rolling.

I didn't drop the board after downsizing as the wall is getting in the way of undoing the quick release knobs, and I wasn't sure if I was going to stay with it, but after putting the larger one up for that vid, I have decided I like the one I have up better. I didn't want to downsize and not be ready for it.

I'll lower that this weekend, give it a couple of days and post another video.

Cheers
              L

Comment

• Lee Chapman
                • Feb 2017

-Rusty
                Btw are you based in the UK?

Comment

• rdshackleford
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Oct 2016

Nope. I'm a stone's throw from Balazs. I have some shoulder problems, and a difference of an inch vertically can really mess up my punching.
                  @ArcSwivel
                  #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Lee Chapman
                    • Feb 2017

Nope. I'm a stone's throw from Balazs. I have some shoulder problems, and a difference of an inch vertically can really mess up my punching.
                    Cool appreciate yours and the other gurus advice. I have really been welcomed into the site.

Comment

• Lee Chapman
                      • Feb 2017

-Rusty

You know how someone puts an idea into your head.....

Yep just been and lowered the platform, after putting washers behind the frame to take it off the wall a couple of mill.

Pics to come.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...