X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaja6009
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2016

I just ordered a used one on eBay to use at work. I think it is the fact that it's a ball hook swivel. When I went from an Everlast ubolt to a ball hook I found it much slower with less rebounds per hit than the ubolt. Also are you using the stock black bladder? And EZspeedbag has some replacement balls made of metal that are supposed to be faster than the stock ball.

I'll leave some feedback after mine arrives.

Comment

• jaja6009
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Misfit View Post
      I just received this yesterday and I’m a little frustrated. I’m not a speed bag master by any stretch of the imagination but I’ve boxed for over 25 years and use speed bags as part of my training. I just can’t keep this thing going.

I didn’t bother with the bag that came with it... I have a 6X9 title bag on it, correctly inflated but the rebound stinks. I just ordered a Pro Mex Victoria XXS bag to try, but could it be the swivel? It’s a hook and ball (plastic ball) and I’ve only ever used title deluxe pro swivels.

Thanks’
      I just got mine today. And yes it is not as lively as my stationary platform on my wall. But it worked good with a Title Super speed bag 5x8 with the orange bladder in it.

The EZSpeedbag is only supposed to be used with 5x8 bags, some smaller 6x9s may work. Is your 6x9 too big where the widest part is hitting the edge? Also the bag that comes with it is pretty lively, but it's not the greatest quality. I'm not even sure if it's leather. It reminds me of the black Everlast Elite bags. I am calling Rea today to see if I can get a metal ball and hook to speed this thing up and I might have to buy the bar because a coworker is too short to be able to hit this without it being lowered.

My opinion is you are used to a faster nonball hook swivel, and the Title bags with the black bladder that I have tried ( Super, Genuine Leather, Gyro Balanced) are not lively to me, they need the orange bladder. Also the 6x9 bag may be too big. My Title Genuine leather 6x9 was too big as the fat belly went past the edge.

Comment

• Misfit
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • May 2017

Originally posted by jaja6009 View Post
        I just got mine today. And yes it is not as lively as my stationary platform on my wall. But it worked good with a Title Super speed bag 5x8 with the orange bladder in it.

The EZSpeedbag is only supposed to be used with 5x8 bags, some smaller 6x9s may work. Is your 6x9 too big where the widest part is hitting the edge? Also the bag that comes with it is pretty lively, but it's not the greatest quality. I'm not even sure if it's leather. It reminds me of the black Everlast Elite bags. I am calling Rea today to see if I can get a metal ball and hook to speed this thing up and I might have to buy the bar because a coworker is too short to be able to hit this without it being lowered.

My opinion is you are used to a faster nonball hook swivel, and the Title bags with the black bladder that I have tried ( Super, Genuine Leather, Gyro Balanced) are not lively to me, they need the orange bladder. Also the 6x9 bag may be too big. My Title Genuine leather 6x9 was too big as the fat belly went past the edge.
        Thanks' for the response. I got the Victoria XXS bag yesterday and put it on, it was much better than the 6X9 Title bag. I still have some work ahead of me getting used to the swivel but now I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

• jaja6009
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Dec 2016

Originally posted by ventanakaz
          ...I have my steel balls and eyebolts but I have to check if I have an S-hook made up, if you can't get a steel ball and hook, Let me know and i'll see what I could do...Ralph
          Okay. Thanks. I have a guy at work that might be able to make some s-hooks. I have to see if his shop is available. If I can get him to make some up, I want him to make a lot. This is preliminary, I have to see if he's up for it.

Comment

• jaja6009
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Dec 2016

Originally posted by ventanakaz
            ....I have 3 or 4 complete Everlast ball and S-hook assemblies, that I can sell, i'll post a pic of them when I have time on the (play it again) section of the forum.
            Awesome, I'll probably buy 2 sets if possible.

Comment

• SpeedbagNVaper
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Jun 2017

I just got one recently and love it so far.

Comment

• Misfit
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • May 2017

I fixed it! Lol!
                Last edited by Misfit; 07-10-2017, 01:20 PM.

Comment

• jaja6009
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Dec 2016

Did that swivel change help? I also found that if you don't have the top brace pushing up on the door frame correct the platform shakes and the bag goes slow. My ringside bag also works better than my title bag on it.

Comment

• Speedbag
                    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Did that swivel change help? I also found that if you don't have the top brace pushing up on the door frame correct the platform shakes and the bag goes slow. My ringside bag also works better than my title bag on it.
                    That's true. It has to be set up correctly or it will shake.
                    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                    The Quest Continues...
                    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Misfit
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • May 2017

It's greased lightning now and I'm working tricks already.

I'm boxing tonight and looking forward to speed bag rounds.

Comment

• VsB
                        Speed Bag Trainee
                        • May 2018

the price went up from $149 to $199.

have there been any improvements in liveliness and speed? i'm a newbie...

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...