• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BagBoy
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2018

Ringside Heritage 5" vs 6"

I really want to check out/buy this bag because I've read nothing but positive opinions about it. So of course I'm faced with the size preference. I do not currently own any ringside bags nor have I ever hit one but I've read they are similar to Cleto bags? Does that sound correct?? I would like that.
    I'm thinking of ordering the 5" with hopes that it is not too light.. I want it fast with a little weight behind it. Any of you more experiences baggers feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo
  • jaja6009
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2016

For my setup and in my opinion the Ringside bags in general hit more like Cleto bags than Title bags. On my setup that are real bouncy and can get up to speed easily and quickly with minimum punch power.

If you want weight behind it get the larger Heritage bag. These bags are shaped like a Cleto and lack the larger belly, so difficulty for me is retained in that the bag is skinnier and can be quite fast. Cletos and Ringside bags I tend to use more for speed and boxer triplet, but I do Bible hit on them, just not as good as with Title bags.

One thing you'll like is that the Heritage is quite a great looking bag, the leather is top notch and it really stands out in those regards. The other thing you'll notice is that to hanging loop is really thick and that smaller S-hooks on older swivels may have a hard time accepting it.

Comment

• BagBoy
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jan 2018

Originally posted by jaja6009 View Post
      For my setup and in my opinion the Ringside bags in general hit more like Cleto bags than Title bags. On my setup that are real bouncy and can get up to speed easily and quickly with minimum punch power.

If you want weight behind it get the larger Heritage bag. These bags are shaped like a Cleto and lack the larger belly, so difficulty for me is retained in that the bag is skinnier and can be quite fast. Cletos and Ringside bags I tend to use more for speed and boxer triplet, but I do Bible hit on them, just not as good as with Title bags.

One thing you'll like is that the Heritage is quite a great looking bag, the leather is top notch and it really stands out in those regards. The other thing you'll notice is that to hanging loop is really thick and that smaller S-hooks on older swivels may have a hard time accepting it.
      Thank you! That answers more than a few questions I've had. You mention the smaller S-hooks on the older swivels, I have one of the old Everlast metal ball hooks and getting a cleto on there does take a little effort. Titles and of course everlast bags slip nicely.

Gonna get the 5". And at a later date................ the 6" no doubt.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• riqal
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Aug 2006

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
        I really want to check out/buy this bag because I've read nothing but positive opinions about it. So of course I'm faced with the size preference. I do not currently own any ringside bags nor have I ever hit one but I've read they are similar to Cleto bags? Does that sound correct?? I would like that.

I'm thinking of ordering the 5" with hopes that it is not too light.. I want it fast with a little weight behind it. Any of you more experiences baggers feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I have both sizes and they are great bags. I’ve never used them on the ballhook, but my guess is that they will work fine. The bags actually perform best when they are very slightly under inflated. The 5” is phenomenally fast. I’ve used it on the chain link and u-bolt. Not light at all. Heavier feel than the yellow title 8x5. The 6” is also a speedy. The leather on these bags is great. Love the feel and look of these bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• BagBoy
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jan 2018

Originally posted by riqal View Post
          I have both sizes and they are great bags. I’ve never used them on the ballhook, but my guess is that they will work fine. The bags actually perform best when they are very slightly under inflated. The 5” is phenomenally fast. I’ve used it on the chain link and u-bolt. Not light at all. Heavier feel than the yellow title 8x5. The 6” is also a speedy. The leather on these bags is great. Love the feel and look of these bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Thank you for the feedback. It's going to arrive by Friday. Think I'll go sit on my front steps for a few days and wait

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• BagBoy
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Jan 2018

Have both bags now

The 5" arrived today. I like, I like it a lot however Ringside should really consider changing the name of this little heritage bag to the Heritage mini. It is a really small 5-8 bag that is half the size of the 6". Literally half the leather. Take a look at it next to my Cleto mini.

Again, I love it but it's tiny.

EDIT: And yeah it's really fast and likes elbows.
            Last edited by BagBoy; 04-21-2019, 02:29 AM.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...