• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lee Chapman
    • Feb 2017

TN360 - EVH4440 Swivel Review

Hi

So my new swivel arrived today, an Everlast tn360 - EVH4440. As you can see, there is a triangular caribeener attached to the swivel eye which looks like it could keep the bag more centered than other swivel solutions I have seen.

When presenting the swivel body up to the board, I could push the swivel ball up into the body about 1/4 inch, which seemed to be quite a lot of play, so I cut a chunk of plastic out of a plastic container and added a penny on top. I didn't need to drill any holes in the drum to fit it. I read that you should remove the eye and glue it in. It seems this one is bonded in as I managed to get the eye to move, but it won't unscrew. It's definitely faster than that other monstrosity that was included with the board and wall mount I got last week.
    And as a result it skips off more easily after a miss hit, but that's the trade off I guess. I miss hit the bag a couple of times and the triangular carribeener slipped do it wasn't hanging straight. So I taped it up and it seems ok at the moment.

All in all it seems sturdy enough, certainly for a beginner, and it only cost £14

Cheers
    L
    Attached Files
    If you can't do it slow, you can't do it fast.
    So Slow = Smooth and Smooth = Fast.
  • Lee Chapman
    • Feb 2017

UPDATE

So I just got back from vacation to find that my swivel has accidentally been broken by my grandson.

It would appear that the shank is pinched together to create a non cylindrical shape, before the plastic ball is moulded around it, and trying to unscrew it to glue In the shank has broken it, and it has obviously worked it's way out whilst I have been hitting it. I have glued the shank back in, but suspect it will come out.

Well it was only £14 and will give me a chance to put a bit of string in to see if that's will quiet down the noise.

L

Comment

• rdshackleford
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2016

Thanks for the review. Looks like you have the same platform as I started reviewing in another thread, the 4264. I welcome your comments on the platform over in that thread.
      @ArcSwivel
      #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Lee Chapman
        • Feb 2017

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
        Thanks for the review. Looks like you have the same platform as I started reviewing in another thread, the 4264. I welcome your comments on the platform over in that thread.
        Will do

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...