• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PappyZ
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Apr 2018

Idea for a new drum

I've been researching options to replace my drum (made from 3/4 inch pine) with something more substantial. I considered using a piece of butcher block counter top (seems that a rectangular or square piece of wood is much cheaper than a round piece), but everything I found was $100+, even for a 2 ft x 2 ft piece.

I stumbled across this while searching online, which I thought might be of interest to other members:

Keep your countertops looking like new with this Choice 24" x 24" x 1 3/4" wood cutting board! This cutting board is perfect for commercial kitchens and caterers alike, with a 1 3/4" thick design that's both solid and sturdy for dependable service. A durable rubberwood construction ensures longevity in a commercial setting, while recessed handles make for easy handling. This Choice 24" x 24" x 1 3/4" wood cutting board features a reversible design for an even longer life. It can be used as a mount for stand mixers or meat grinders, but when used as a cutting board, it's sturdy enough to be used with your biggest knives. The natural color enhances display settings, while also serving to ensure a clean cutting surface through quick identification by your staff.Expertly crafted from natural rubberwood, this cutting board ensures longevity in any commercial kitchen. The natural color enhances display settings, and it helps to ensure a clean cutting surface through quick identification by your staff. At the same time, the smooth corners of the board soften the appearance while making it easy to keep clean.This cutting board's recessed handles make for easy handling to and from your prep tables. The 1 3/4" thick design means this board is both solid and sturdy for dependable service.Unlike with plastic cutting boards, this wood cutting board has the capacity to inhibit bacteria growth. Plastic boards have a non-porous nature that results in the surface becoming knife-scarred over time, making it harder to clean bacteria out of grooves. However, this wood cutting board is finished with a food grade oil during manufacturing to prevent the absorption of bacteria into the wood, increasing the longevity of your board. Optional beeswax conditioner (sold separately) is also recommended for optimizing the hygiene of your board.Choice is dedicated to providing you with catering supplies, paper and disposable supplies, small kitchen hand tools, and serving solutions at the best possible prices. Whether you are looking for a strong and durable utility cart or inexpensive dispenser napkins, Choice has just what you need at a price you can afford! Overall Dimensions: Length: 24" Width: 24" Thickness: 1 3/4"

It's a 24"x24"x1-3/4" hardwood "cutting board" for $55 (plus $20 shipping). It's made from a tropical hardwood called rubberwood, which has a hardness similar to that of maple. Seems like it should do the trick, but we'll see. Hope my wife will be home to hold it up while I attach it!
  • mirokiuru
    • Jun 2015

Hello!
    i recently made new drum and used old table for it! They are much easier to find than thick cutting boards and sometimes people give them for free.
    You can check my post if you want to see how i made mine

Comment

• COOP
      • Mar 2018

I found the Valor fitness ca-53 on ebay for $230 new to replace my self built one. Its adjustable so i told my wife it was for both of us.....shockingly she was fine with that.

Comment

• rdshackleford
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Oct 2016

I'll be interested to know how you like the Valor. It was one of the ones I looked at before going with X-Mark.
        @ArcSwivel
        #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by PappyZ View Post
          I've been researching options to replace my drum (made from 3/4 inch pine) with something more substantial. I considered using a piece of butcher block counter top (seems that a rectangular or square piece of wood is much cheaper than a round piece), but everything I found was $100+, even for a 2 ft x 2 ft piece.

I stumbled across this while searching online, which I thought might be of interest to other members:

Keep your countertops looking like new with this Choice 24" x 24" x 1 3/4" wood cutting board! This cutting board is perfect for commercial kitchens and caterers alike, with a 1 3/4" thick design that's both solid and sturdy for dependable service. A durable rubberwood construction ensures longevity in a commercial setting, while recessed handles make for easy handling. This Choice 24" x 24" x 1 3/4" wood cutting board features a reversible design for an even longer life. It can be used as a mount for stand mixers or meat grinders, but when used as a cutting board, it's sturdy enough to be used with your biggest knives. The natural color enhances display settings, while also serving to ensure a clean cutting surface through quick identification by your staff.Expertly crafted from natural rubberwood, this cutting board ensures longevity in any commercial kitchen. The natural color enhances display settings, and it helps to ensure a clean cutting surface through quick identification by your staff. At the same time, the smooth corners of the board soften the appearance while making it easy to keep clean.This cutting board's recessed handles make for easy handling to and from your prep tables. The 1 3/4" thick design means this board is both solid and sturdy for dependable service.Unlike with plastic cutting boards, this wood cutting board has the capacity to inhibit bacteria growth. Plastic boards have a non-porous nature that results in the surface becoming knife-scarred over time, making it harder to clean bacteria out of grooves. However, this wood cutting board is finished with a food grade oil during manufacturing to prevent the absorption of bacteria into the wood, increasing the longevity of your board. Optional beeswax conditioner (sold separately) is also recommended for optimizing the hygiene of your board.Choice is dedicated to providing you with catering supplies, paper and disposable supplies, small kitchen hand tools, and serving solutions at the best possible prices. Whether you are looking for a strong and durable utility cart or inexpensive dispenser napkins, Choice has just what you need at a price you can afford! Overall Dimensions: Length: 24" Width: 24" Thickness: 1 3/4"

It's a 24"x24"x1-3/4" hardwood "cutting board" for $55 (plus $20 shipping). It's made from a tropical hardwood called rubberwood, which has a hardness similar to that of maple. Seems like it should do the trick, but we'll see. Hope my wife will be home to hold it up while I attach it!
          Should be a beast!

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• COOP
            • Mar 2018

The valor fitness ca-53 is made very sturdy and platform is 2 inch thick. I put bag of sand on top of it as well, but it doesn't necessarily need it. It adjusts quickly good rebound. I am very happy with it.

Comment

• m.breen
              • Jan 2017

Thanks for sharing that.

Comment

• febor
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Mar 2020

We can get the idea of creating a new arse by doing searching on this forum as well as it can contains big arse also. Because of arse dissertation help online it will determines the exact use of dashboard without arse hesitation. We grammarly too.
                Last edited by rdshackleford; 03-21-2020, 05:09 AM.

Comment

• jamessw
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Jun 2020

Do you have any other ideas you want to talk about? I hope you do. Now you should check uk dissertation service.

Comment

• ashr0077
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Jun 2020

Originally posted by mirokiuru View Post
                    Hello!
                    i recently made new drum and used old table for it! They are much easier to find than thick cutting boards and sometimes people give them for free.
                    You can check my post if you want to see how i made mine
                    my friend you give is a very good example of recycling I am very impressed from you i am also want to do this kind of work we need to learn from you and please share your ideas if you can make more things like that

Comment

• dad
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Dec 2018

That looks cool, keep us posted

Comment

• surfingcowboy
                        • May 2020

PappyZ, Same goes for me. I would like to know how your purchase and arrangment works out. Tell us more when you can. Thanks for Sharing!

Comment

spam removed
                          Last edited by Tim; 10-07-2020, 05:48 AM.

Comment

• UK mark
                            • Nov 2018

I bought 2 pub oak tables from Facebook market place, used the legs bonded together as you can see in my last post in pictures and videos...ive now cut out 2 x 2ft diameter circles from 1 of the table tops and will do the same with the other table top ..each table top is 1inch so bonding them all together will make a monster 4inch thick oak drum

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                            Working...