#ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Biff
          Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
          Thanks. Where will parking be tomorrow?
          Rusty,

Do a Google Maps search of Real Gymm, 19 W Front St., Keyport NJ. Please note Donnie moved his facility across the street and now occupies the old Family Dollar bldg. Plenty of parking in lot(s) in rear of bldg.

I tried to attach the Google Maps screen shot, but I was unable to upload it.

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

It's On!

Well....we'Re Back....Real Gym....rockin'and sockin' some speed bags. Lot of folks,.....old and new members. Juxt, Speedy T, Ataraxis, Frank the Godless, Big.Donnie, ......G-Town, looking good! ....all day fun today! Shout out to Rogene & Joe...miss and love u guys...Ms Deville and Speedbagforlife...we miss you!
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• rdshackleford
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Oct 2016

I'd like to thank everyone I met there for being so nice and friendly, and especially Speedbag and G-Town for their tips and tutorials. The one-on-one advice I got is invaluable, and I'm so glad I attended. Count me in for next year. Crap, only 364 days to practice.

-Rusty
              @ArcSwivel
              #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• jaja6009
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Dec 2016

Thanks for a great time at the gathering!
                It was great to meet all of you guys face to face.
                For any forum members thinking about going, just go! Everyone is super friendly, it is a very relaxed atmosphere and all skill levels are welcome! The one on one lessons I got from people were great! For some moves I needed to see them performed up close to be able to try to learn them, and since so many people have their own little styles to the same move, it's great to be able to see which style suits me best.

Another great reason to attend is you can check out the different boards and swivels and especially bags! Everyone brought some bags and it's a great time to see how they hit in person so you don't have to waste any money getting a bag you don't like.

If we can get next year's going early we can get a larger attendance and maybe even get some Tshirts and contests going along with getting the hotel prebooked to get the good rates.

I am definitely going and hope to see all of you guys again next year.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by jaja6009 View Post
                  Thanks for a great time at the gathering!

It was great to meet all of you guys face to face.

For any forum members thinking about going, just go! Everyone is super friendly, it is a very relaxed atmosphere and all skill levels are welcome! The one on one lessons I got from people were great! For some moves I needed to see them performed up close to be able to try to learn them, and since so many people have their own little styles to the same move, it's great to be able to see which style suits me best.

Another great reason to attend is you can check out the different boards and swivels and especially bags! Everyone brought some bags and it's a great time to see how they hit in person so you don't have to waste any money getting a bag you don't like.

If we can get next year's going early we can get a larger attendance and maybe even get some T-shirts and contests going along with getting the hotel pre-booked to get the good rates.

I am definitely going and hope to see all of you guys again next year.
                  Hey JaJa6009. It was a pleasure to meet you and spend some great time under the board with you. I hope you learned a few things. It is always fun to meet folks and help them learn. I never cease to be amazed at some of the new variations and combinations that are developed since our last gathering.

Originally posted by jaja6009 View Post
                  If we can get next year's going early we can get a larger attendance and maybe even get some T-shirts and contests going along with getting the hotel pre-booked to get the good rates
                  About this, actually you are describing Gathering I-(2010), II-(2011) III-(2012) and IV-(2014)...and perhaps some organization in
                  V-(2015). Gathering VI, VII and VIII have been pretty much made up as people show up. Maybe more people will volunteer to help organize and promote next year!

"Back then" there was core group of folks that worked individually to structure the event, complete with silent auctions of speed bag equipment, door prizes, T-Shirts, and fund raising for charity. (Over $1,000 one year to a charity), and contests. Somebody contacted the equipment companies. Some one designed, ordered and paid for the T-shirts..... We also charged $20.00 per day or $50.00 for all three days - which helped pay for such things as well a kick in a little for taking over Real Gym. Those were high times and misadventures! Punching till 2am with 30 or 40 people in the room at times......

But it does take (1) people (2) money and (3) organization to put all that together. Back then much went on behind the scenes. Hotels were contacted for group rates, equipment companies were contacted for equipment (for use and silent auction) and people were designated to keep track of attendees, collect and manage the money. When core people (for organization) and money disappear,...... the only thing left is "people" to attend, hang out together, hit the speed bag and go eat together - which is pretty much what the Gathering VIII was. Of course it was fun! I had a great time.... But for every forum member that attended this year, there used to be 5 or 6. In the past, 20 or more real gym or community members would also show up.... not this year. Maybe 2 or 3 gym members, all who had been there before. I did not see any new Real Gym members attending. The speed bag rack in the past had 9 speed bag stations, This year only 5 could be found. All of the gorgeous I-Box units have disappeared.

If you have any ideas to increase attendance, We need to hear them.

Some pics from 2017....
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Speedbag; 07-18-2017, 10:31 PM.
                  Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• rdshackleford
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Oct 2016

Those pics are awesome, AK, thank you for posting them!

Does anyone have vids of the even more awesome baggers doing their thing? Next year I will NOT forget my camera, but for this past year please post your vids!

-Rusty
                    @ArcSwivel
                    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• jaja6009
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Dec 2016

Will do. I'm still away in class. When I get home I will send post them up.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
                        Those pics are awesome, AK, thank you for posting them!

Does anyone have vids of the even more awesome baggers doing their thing? Next year I will NOT forget my camera, but for this past year please post your vids!

-Rusty
                        More pictures of SB-VIII from EAGLEPIXPRO.com

Thanks for posting these!
                        Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• rdshackleford
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Oct 2016

Wow, thank you!

-Rusty
                          @ArcSwivel
                          #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Dutchman
                            Speed Bag Historian
                            • Jun 2006

Rusty, has anybody told you that you could be Ron White's brother?

Comment

• jaja6009
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                              More pictures of SB-VIII from EAGLEPIXPRO.com

Thanks for posting these!
                              Thanks for these!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...