X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • speedball708
    • Apr 2015

What is the best speed bag bladder?

I have a title 6×9 and need to change the bladder. I ordered a title replacement bladder and I was wondering if there was any other brands I could try that would be better. Thanks
    Last edited by speedball708; 12-29-2015, 05:55 AM.
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

It's hard to beat Title's replacement bladders. They are very responsive, hold air very well and from personal experience and others here, long lasting.

Comment

• speedball708
      • Apr 2015

Thanks again

Comment

• speedball708
        • Apr 2015

Tried a title replacement bladder for my title 6 × 9 red bag and the valve was way too short. I used the bladder in a 6 × 9 cleto reyes and the valve was flush with the bag, it barely worked and cleto in a thinner bag than title. Gonna try a pro impact next. If anyone has experience with this issue I would appreciate any kind of feedback. Thanks

Comment

• Dutchman
          Speed Bag Historian
          • Jun 2006

Are you using contact cement to secure the bladder to the bottom of the bag? Until the recent advent of the snap in valve that's what is done to keep the valve in place.

Comment

• speedball708
            • Apr 2015

When I tried a dry fit with the bladder , the valve was short like an 1/8" from being flush. Maybe that's how it is but it just didn't seem right.

Comment

• Dutchman
              Speed Bag Historian
              • Jun 2006

It's not unusual for that to occur. The thickness of the leather on the bottom where the panels all join tends to be a little heavier than the panels. As long as the valve is accessible and the needle can go all the way in you're good.

Comment

• speedball708
                • Apr 2015

Ok, thanks.I used the title bladder on a cleto reyes. I'm gonna try a pro impact bladder in my title bag next, but I'll keep your advice in mind when I need to change a bladder again. Can you purchase the stock title bladders with the locking valve by any chance. The stock bladders are much better quality than any kind of replacement bladder.

Comment

• Dutchman
                  Speed Bag Historian
                  • Jun 2006

You'll get an argument out of just about everybody around here with that statement. The stock bladders are vulcanized rubber, while the replacement ones are latex rubber. While the former are durable, they are no where near as responsive as the latex bladders. For what ever reason who ever makes Title's bags opted to use the vulcanized bladder, probably because of longer shelf life than the latex, although we've not experienced any major problems with the replacement ones so far. As far as I know, no one that I'm aware of sells vulcanized replacement bladders anymore.

Comment

• speedball708
                    • Apr 2015

Thanks, all my new bags will be inflated once to avoid damaging the bladder. I have some bags that I like a little softer for learning new techniques but I then will decide to inflate it a little more. For now on its one inflation for all my new bags.
                    Thanks for your input.

Comment

• speedball708
                      • Apr 2015

Ok, got it to work with alot of glue and letting it set. I also reamed out the hole a little bit giving the valve a little more of a pocket to set into. And your right , this bladder is more responsive and sounds different too.
                      Thanks for your input. It helped out alot. This was my first bladder replacement and at first it seemed like it wouldn't work, but hearing what veteran baggers had to say about the issue , I new it had to work somehow someway. Glad to say my title 6 × 9 is being hit again! Thanks again. .

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...