X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JoMan
    • Nov 2016

Spammers

The forum is getting attacked by spam today.

I have some Vbulletin expertise (I've installed many, upgraded, setup plug-ins, and have Administered a few) if you need any ideas or info to combat this.
  • BagBoy
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2018

I've never seen it this bad before, usually just a thread or two but this is over the top. Pages and pages..
    Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• JoMan
      • Nov 2016

Yep, 341 posts just as of now for this latest spammer.

There's no way this should be happening. Once an admin comes in they can ban that username and do a mass delete of all the posts that user made today.

Comment

• JoMan
        • Nov 2016

I don't know who all of the moderators are here, but I'd like to become one

Comment

• Tim
          Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

I'm working on cleaning it up. If they do more than 50 posts, a semi manual cleanup has to be done, unfortunately.

Comment

• Tim
            Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by JoMan View Post
            I don't know who all of the moderators are here, but I'd like to become one
            Hello -Thank you for your offer of assistance. This weekend I'll go through the moderator permissions and I'll be back in contact.

I'm also looking at upgrading the forum to the newest version of VBulletin, which would probably help. We're about 5 years out of date on software versions.

I'll post another update shortly.

Tim

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...