X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • atgatt
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2007

Speedbag told me what the problem was that the size of the pics were too large and I just lowered the quality rating on my camera so now it loads.

Sorry about the delay.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Title Fight
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Jun 2009

atgatt, that looks pretty cool, i am going to get working on one and see how it goes.

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

• atgatt
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Nov 2007

Title Fight, FYI, the DE bag de-attaches quickly so when I'm done with it, I just lay the bag on top of the frame and slide the weight I have (to anchor the bottom cord) and the bottom cord against the wall. Then it is out of the way when not used and I just walk under the frame since it is above my head.

You'll love being able to combine timing left and right hooks as the bag comes at you without fear of the bag going all over the place when you had no frame.

Comment

• metaldad
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2007

atgatt, thanks for shairng the pics. Very interesting setup, and you say it breaks down quick and easy. Nice. I don't know if I'm gonna try it; my DE bag is more towards the middle of the area where I use it. I'll have to post a pic.
          sigpic

Comment

• metaldad
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by MelloYello
            video for metaldad, hope this helps:
            Absolutely!! Thank you for sharing MelloYello!
            sigpic

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Nicely done! excellent video. keep 'em coming.
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• tonyr0406
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Aug 2009

TKO Boxing SPEED Head Target DOUBLE END Punching Bag

Has any tried this bag. I saw it on ebay when looking for a double-end bag. It looks interesting.

Anyone have experience or an idea of whether or not this would be useful?

Last edited by tonyr0406; 08-05-2009, 01:06 PM. Reason: forgot image

Comment

• atgatt
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Nov 2007

Tony, no experience with it, but my guess is your not going to get a good "send off" when you hit it because it's foam.

I think of a speedbag made of foam just being limp in comparison. Maybe I'm wrong but I'd stick with air filled.

But if you're looking for a target just to hit without too much movement, then foam may be better.

Comment

• tonyr0406
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by atgatt View Post
                    Tony, no experience with it, but my guess is your not going to get a good "send off" when you hit it because it's foam.

I think of a speedbag made of foam just being limp in comparison. Maybe I'm wrong but I'd stick with air filled.

But if you're looking for a target just to hit without too much movement, then foam may be better.
                    Good point... I didn't think about that. I was more concerned with the shape.

Comment

• Kyle
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by tonyr0406 View Post
                      Has any tried this bag. I saw it on ebay when looking for a double-end bag. It looks interesting.

my uncle has and everlast one exactly like that and to say the least it sucks alot! slow little movement and just not a good buy.
                      ________
                      Web shows
                      Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:53 AM.

Comment

• metaldad
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by tonyr0406 View Post

I've seen it but didn't think much of it. Something about it doesn't seem to make sense.

Originally posted by MelloYello
                        video for metaldad, hope this helps:

Thanks again for posting the video MelloYello. I was thinking the other day while hitting the De bag...footwork. I try to remember some basic lessons a friend once showed me; pivoting on your lead foot, stay on the balls of your feet, shifting. Any advice you add on the topic of footwork and the DE bag?
                        Last edited by metaldad; 08-08-2009, 01:16 PM. Reason: spelling
                        sigpic

Comment

• crawforde
                          Speed Bag Trainee
                          • Jul 2009

Thanks for the video MelloYello, nice job.

Comment

• Tim
                            Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Great vid. I'm now subscribed to future youtube updates

Comment

• doublefist
                              Speed Bag Trainee
                              • Jun 2009

Everlast double end bags

I see an Everlast double end on http://www.ringside.com/Everlast-Pro...ctinfo/EVLDEB/

as well as on Title

Is there any difference in quality on these bags. Or is this a matter of color and $10?

I currently speed bag and heavy bag. I am looking at moving into double end now as well. Home gym. Any direction would be much appreciated. I don't mind the 10 dollars if it is going to be worth it. Thanks

Comment

• doublefist
                                Speed Bag Trainee
                                • Jun 2009

tuf-wear double end bag selection

Do you recommend the 7 or 9 inch Tuf- Wear? I will be using a variety of gloves. Large, small, and none. I am also a beginner to the double end bag. I originally was looking at the everlast due to your recommendation in a previous post. Do you know if the cables come with the Tuf- wear bag or do you have to purchase separate? I see most double ends come with the cables. Being a beginner, the Tuf-wear has shorter straps on each end of the ball whereas the everlast has longer. Which provides a better return? Or are the longer straps meant to save the knuckles of beginners? Either way, I am looking for a bag that will get me started but not be obsolete within to short of time. Do you use more than 1 size like in speed bagging or pretty much stick with one size?

I see you use tuf-wear speedbag along with a pro-mex. I really like the 5x8 pro-mex. How would you rate the tuf-wear 5x8. How are tuf-wear speed bags in general in comparison to pro-mex?

Your time and thoughts are much appreciated.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...