• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crownshep
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jun 2007

Roy Jones DE bag training

The first 3 mins are of Roy shadow boxing and skipping,but at the 3.15 mark you see him and 2 training partners on the DE bag at the same time.Incredible speed.
  • atgatt
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2007

I'm not going to be a fool and say I'm anywhere near Roy's speed and accuracy, but I will say that I'm still not impressed considering how taut they have that double ended bag setup.

I'm not saying that having it taut is a poor training method for punching exericses, but I'm more impressed by a proper setup as shown here:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

You should struggle with the bag and make it unpredictable in its movement. I like it unpredictable to hit and unpredictable on how it will come back at you.

That's another reason I like my frame I made for it. Sure, I try to hit the bag at center, but having it unpredictable, I'm also happy to even just get a hit on it at any point, just as I would in a real fight. An exact hit would be nice but I'll also take a punch hitting the side of the face rather than right in the nose.

So a side hit like that without the frame throws it WAY to the side with the bands really loose, but with the frame, it does not. It makes it come back at you quickly and unpredictable.

So for me, keep it loose and struggle. Real life training.

Comment

• ashe
      • Jun 2007

i like mine looser too. makes the bag response more unpredictable.

Comment

• Kyle
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by ashe View Post
        i like mine looser too. makes the bag response more unpredictable.
        Same.
        ________
        Colorado Marijuana Dispensary
        Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:36 AM.

Comment

• Crownshep
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Jun 2007

The bag i have had for the last six months is the typical sized one with 2 elastic cords and quite loose like the one in the second video.I`ve gotten pretty decent with my speed,timing and accuracy so i decided to buy a Lonsdale reaction ball like the one in this video.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i9D1PlvsWs
          Its about the same size as the one in the Jones video and the tension is really tight as well,it comes with a leather strap at the top and bottom,with two thick bungee cords.I had to use a 20kg weight to hold it down in the garage,thats how tight it is.I tried it out today and i could hardly hit it,the speed it rebounds back is unreal,and i found my timing was completely off.This is the one i bought.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...