• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Subotaï
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2018

New dancer member : swivel and platform questions

Hello,

I come from France. Sorry for my English. I am new to the speed bag world. At the base I am rather dancer and Jaw’s harp player (yes-yes). My thing is the rhythm, the flow, the ecstatic dance, the rebound, Gesture ...

I discovered the speed bag on youtube with Matthew Santiago and Allan Khan, and I could not believe my eyes. Oh my god! this thing is for me! How could I miss this thing all these years?!

Before even touching a speed bag I knew that this is what I would do these next years during my free time! I will send you soon videos in free-style. I also discovered the speed-bag forum and I realized that the people in the community were pretty cool, far enough away from the usual big guys on the boxing, bodybuilding or martial arts forums. Great !

For the moment I have several questions for you:

- I bought a first everlast platform on the internet (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Everlast-Ad.../dp/B007NG60HG) and instead of receiving one, I received 2! Surely a sign!

I fixed the platform to the wall and I say that there is a little too much vibration (even adding a bag of sand). Do you think that if I fix together the two everlast drums (with bolts or large screws) it will further reduce the vibrations or what ? If not, would an X-Mark 2811 platform suit me better?

- I bought an everlast pro swivel to replace the one sold with the platform. But I have the impression that there is too much noise. How to reduce the noise? This comes from the “space” between the "Bag attachment U-Bolt" and the "Locking pin". There is too much space and it is shocking. It's annoying. Or is the new "TITLE LIGHTNING-FAST SUPER SWIVEL" better in general for me (precision, speed)? (https://www.titleboxing.com/punching...ast-pro-swivel).

- Otherwise I am desperately looking for a swivel ballhook. But impossible to find in France, or even on the net elsewhere! I see that the “deville swivel” or the “powermill evil swivel” are the best but I do not know where to buy them? Otherwise any ballhook swivel will do the job but I can not find anywhere. Thank you for helping me.

See you soon.
  • baggeric
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Oct 2017

new dancer member

Hi Subotai, Glad that you see the attraction of the speed bag. The xmark is definitely a better platform than the everlast and although it too will have some vibration, it will be considerably less that the everlast. As far as swivels go, you can find a good ballhook swivel at (ForzaSports.com). That is a us based vendor and it sells the swivel for 39.95 USD. Everlast company also sells a plastic ball hook swivel for about 7 USD. Of course the plastic will not last nearly as long as the Stainless one from Forza Sports. Hope this helps. Welcome to the forum and the community of speed bag addicts.

Comment

• florian 380
      • Nov 2012

i still have some good old everlast swivels left
      Attached Files

Comment

• rdshackleford
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Oct 2016

Originally posted by baggeric View Post
        ...Of course the plastic will not last nearly as long as the Stainless one from Forza Sports...
        I agree the Everlast plastic swivel will not last nearly as long as the stainless one from <any vendor>. I don't agree with "of course" if it pertains to plastics in general.

-Rusty
        @ArcSwivel
        #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Subotaï
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Jan 2018

Hello,

Thank you for your answers ! Regarding ball hook swivels, there is no more “swiveltek LTX ball hook” available anywhere, not even on forza MMA :

Maybe you've seen it elsewhere?

Otherwise I have 4 solutions left :

1 - Wait for new swiveltek LTX

2 - The “boxing gear swivel speed bag”, which seems good (according to reviews here), available here :

3 - or an old “everlast 4440 metal” sold on ebay:

But I read here ( http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...ead.php?t=6005 ) by "ventanakaz" that this swivel is not good.

4 - or the offer (just above) of "florian 380" for old everlast swivel (is it still working well?)

Otherwise I managed to limitate the sound of “swivel everlast pro” with plastic gaskets ( https://www.hotmer.com/A-35575-ronde...iber-neuf.aspx ) . Also I installed the second drum everlast on the first one and there is a little less vibration: it's good, but I'm still going to install another platform a little stronger next.

Thank you for your answers.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...