X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jonzel
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • May 2007

Hey, I got an everlast DEB and it came with a ruber cord that goes on the bottom, and a nylon rope that goes on the top. I've noticed that some DEB's have 2 rubber cords, and suspect that with a nylon rope on top rather than a rubber cord the bag rebounds slower. Do you guys think it will make a significant difference if I replace my nylon rope with another rubber cord?

Comment

• Chris M
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Jonzel View Post
      Hey, I got an everlast DEB and it came with a ruber cord that goes on the bottom, and a nylon rope that goes on the top. I've noticed that some DEB's have 2 rubber cords, and suspect that with a nylon rope on top rather than a rubber cord the bag rebounds slower. Do you guys think it will make a significant difference if I replace my nylon rope with another rubber cord?
      I noticed the same thing, and I opted for a Title setup that had the rope on top because I thought the rope would tend to make it a little easier to hit since the height after being hit at least will be a little more consistent. I wanted easier since I was just starting out. Here is the setup I got and even though they now say in the description that it comes with rubber cords, mine came with a rope on top:http://store.titleboxing.com/doubleendbags.html

I also got one of these for the bottom and filled it with a bag of gravel that I got from Lowes: http://store.titleboxing.com/ba-s.html

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
        • May 2007

de bag

Originally posted by Jonzel View Post
        I have a ringside setup that came with rubber cables, but due to the heighth of my garage ceiling I had to experiment with some bungee cords that I bought at Wally World. They're pertty cheap but do make a significant difference, especially for your defensive maneuvers you get off the sway of the bag.

Comment

• aceboxing11
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Aug 2007

ok i am going to purchase a double end bag but i have no clue how to set it up. If anyone can instruct me how to do so it would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Tim
            Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by aceboxing11 View Post
            ok i am going to purchase a double end bag but i have no clue how to set it up. If anyone can instruct me how to do so it would be greatly appreciated.
            It will probably come with something like this:

along with the bungee cords, simply install the anchor in the ceiling and floor and thread the bungee through

Comment

• aceboxing11
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Aug 2007

Well actually i was going to get the bag anchor so i didnt have to anchor into the floor.I also dont want to anchor anything into the celing so is there another alternative?

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                It will probably come with something like this:

along with the bungee cords, simply install the anchor in the ceiling and floor and thread the bungee through
                You could also use a wall hanger

At Ringside, we are serious about fight sports, especially boxing and MMA. We offer the best prices on boxing equipment in addition to videos, tutorials, and guides. Low-cost shipping guaranteed!

hope it helps.
                Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• aceboxing11
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post

ahhh thanks a bunch speedbag and everyone else who helped!

Comment

• Bagfree
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Sep 2007

Recommend this for you. Hope it will work for you.

Comment

• sidecarr
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Jul 2008

after reading this thread im ready to pick up a double end bag ,which one do you guys prefer the title bags or the everlast bags ,also if I was to attach two or more bags in line would this work ,noticed the double end peanut bags

Comment

• Brad
                        Speed Bag Trainee
                        • Apr 2008

I have a 9" Top Contender and 7" Everlast and I'm very happy with both. I paid $40 for the Everlast about one month ago, but I see they are currently at $50. I debated about paying $40, but I wouldn't even consider $50. I think the Top Contender was, and still is, $25. It's a great bag and the price makes it an even better value.

I've also had speed bags by Top Conteneder and Everlast, but both have been returned. The TC SB was very disappointing. Completely different product from the DEB. Made in China (versus India for the DEB), lower quality leather and poor quality control. The Everlast SB is pretty nice but it is a different (lower quality) leather from their DEB. Both are made in China, BTW. I intended to buy a Title SB but found the Everlast bags at $30 versus the usual $40, so I opted for an Everlast instead. I didn't like it as much as a Title and wound up exchanging it for a Title.

I haven't tried a Title DEB, but if they are like their SB's, You'll likely be very happy with it. I think they are currently selling for $30.

Comment

• sidecarr
                          Speed Bag Trainee
                          • Jul 2008

thanks will probably order a title bag next week

Comment

• Bounce
                            Speed Bag Trainee
                            • Nov 2011

Great tips here thx for sharing all

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                            Working...