• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coup
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Nov 2010

DE bag issues

alrite whats good? i'm not a boxer and wouldnt offend anyone by claimin to be. I've got a heavy bag but recently just put this away for the winter (its outside and its hassle to cover) so i've just bought a double end bag. I've watched endless videos of people using them and they just swing back and forward but mine seems to bounce up and down aswell. What would be causing this to happen? Thanks in advance for any replies

Coup
  • SpeedKilz
    • Dec 2009

Do you have bungee cords attached to both the top and bottom of the bag? Bungee cords on both ends would give you maximum movement when hitting the bag but does cause some up and down floating. I hooked mine up a few ways to compensate for bag height and movement allowed. I have this kit:

I put an eye hook through the ceiling and attached the nylon rope to that with a small spring hook (prefer these over "S" hooks) Attached the bag to the nylon rope with another spring hook. Attached the bungee cord to the bottom of the bag with a spring hook and then attached it to a bag anchor http://store.titleboxing.com/ba-s.html since i move it all the time since I park my car in the garage.

Height worked out great for me but you could put knots in the nylon rope to shorten the length and make the bag a little higher. There are also adjustable straps http://store.titleboxing.com/debs.html you can use instead of the nylon rope but personally didn't like the action it gave the bag.

Comment

• coup
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Nov 2010

Cheers for the quick reply pal!

That's what I've got. It is 2 bungee cords, is it better to just have 1 on the bottom and then a rope for the top then? I need to get or make an anchor for the bottom because at the minute it's just knotted underneath a weight plate but when you hit it the plate moves about. I think it's definitely too loose as well because it flies about like mad, I can't hit it with a 1-2 because after the jab it's miles away! It did come with 2 of them straps and they're on it just now but I can't really see the use in them? When I had the ball straight to the cords, it reacts exactly the same as with the straps on it. Thanks again for the quick reply!

Comment

• SpeedKilz
        • Dec 2009

I had the same issues as you when I tried a bungee on the top and bottom. Since you already have the strap, try doing just the strap on the top and the bungee on the bottom. I'm sure there are a ton of ways to anchor the bottom. I found the one I posted above to be nice. The bag fills with sand and it is donut shaped. The bag sits on a square piece of plywood with a chain attached to the middle that comes up through the hole in the middle of the bag. All you need to do is attach the bungee to the provided chain with a spring or S hook. Mine hasn't moved at all and I've gone to town on that thing. I haven't stepped on it while moving around either.

Comment

• Avadia
          • Nov 2010

I just use a fifty pound dumbbell to anchor mine. I wrap the bungee around it and hook it back on itself. It works pretty well, never moves, and yet I can put it away when I am not using the DE bag.

Comment

• coup
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Nov 2010

Cheers for ya help! I've wrapped it round a dumbbell now and it's fine now, doesn't bounce up and down. Now I just need to learn how to use it properly haha thanks again though!

Comment

• Rumblur
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Jan 2008

This probably doesn't help much, but is a start:

Comment

• coup
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Nov 2010

Cheers for that link, i've watched pretty much every double end bag video i can find aswell haha

Comment

• toolboxdiver
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Angelbella
                  I am a lady love bags well. and i am so crazy about all bags i have now. Now ths fashion bag ladies will tell you all news about bags from the world. Being the most beautiful lady in the world from this moment on!
                  SPAM SICK EM Tim...lmao

Comment

• metaldad
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Angelbella
                    I am a lady love bags well. and i am so crazy about all bags i have now. Now ths fashion bag ladies will tell you all news about bags from the world. Being the most beautiful lady in the world from this moment on!
                    spam,spam, spam, spam, Spam, SPam, SPAm, SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM...SPAM SPAM!! Wonderful SPAAAAAMMMMM!! Bring out the singing Vikings!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...