• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Race
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Mar 2019

New member and swivel problems

I am new to the forum and a fairly new speed bagger. I have a few Everlast Plastic Swivels, the 3 smallest Title Super Bags, and a platform someone made for me. It is set up in the house, on a wooden pillar. I do not do any tricks. I hit the bag twice with the left hand and twice with the right, with a 4 knuckle landing. I do monthly programs. My last program was hitting for 5 minutes, for 3 sets, with a minute and a half between sets. I did this 6 times per week for a month. I had a problem with the Everlast Plastic Swivel. After 5 months of programs the metal in the eye bolt wore completely through and broke off. The metal in the s-hook was also very worn. Is this normal? I expected it to last much longer. I email Everlast, with photos, and they said they have a 120 day guarantee, and also that I must have used the bag a lot. Any ideas for a swivel that lasts longer? I like the ball and hook style. I will try to send the photos I sent to Everlast, but am not exactly Edward Snowden on tech stuff, and might not be able to. Thanks, Race
  • rdshackleford
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2016

Welcome to Speed Bag Swivel Central.

@ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Dutchman
      Speed Bag Historian
      • Jun 2006

Sigh, a 120 day guarantee? The old Everlast company made swivels that would last for decades with minimal wear, in commercial locations no less.

Comment

• Race
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Mar 2019

question for Rusty

Thanks for the welcome Rusty. I have been reading about your Arc Swivel. How long will it last? Is is metal on metal, or plastic on metal? Thanks.

Comment

• morphiusrt
          • Mar 2019

Originally posted by Race View Post
          Thanks for the welcome Rusty. I have been reading about your Arc Swivel. How long will it last? Is is metal on metal, or plastic on metal? Thanks.
          It is all plastic. Except for the eyebolt. I bought one about 2 weeks ago for my setup. My wife used it and I had to buy another one for her speed bag setup. I love mine. I don't have much to compare it to except for the Title Pro Swivel and the Title Chain Link one. Both of which are in a box collecting dust.

I can't speak much for longevity but it feels very sturdy and is much quieter than the other 2 I had.

Comment

• rdshackleford
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Oct 2016

The longevity appears to vary based on how you bag. My mostly boxing style leaves the Arc looking brand new after many months of use. I have seen some significant wear on some bible baggers's Arcs. Just a theory, but I think some punches can create a whipping action of the ball and eye bolt stem against the base that can create a lot of force, friction, and heat, and that will eventually wear down the plastic base.
            @ArcSwivel
            #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...