• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lee Chapman
    • Feb 2017

New Toys

Woo hoo

New toys arrived in the post today. But of a bummer that I had to pay the equivalent of 60 dollars customs charges. Boo.

Surprised how much smaller they look than my current one.
    Attached Files
    If you can't do it slow, you can't do it fast.
    So Slow = Smooth and Smooth = Fast.
  • Old Red
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Mar 2017

Ouch! Sixty dollars is a hard hit.

Comment

• jaja6009
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Dec 2016

Yeah those custom charges suck.

What size are those Balaz bags? The Balaz bags are on my list, can't wait to hear how you like them.

Comment

• Lee Chapman
        • Feb 2017

Originally posted by jaja6009 View Post
        Yeah those custom charges suck.

What size are those Balaz bags? The Balaz bags are on my list, can't wait to hear how you like them.
        They are the two smallest sizes they do. small and extra small. I am hitting a 9x11 tapout bag at the moment. I was in holiday 2 weeks ago and got a message to say my grandson had broken my bag. He broke the swivel (not his fault) not the bag, but whilst I was still away I bought the new bags. I'll get the larger of the bags instead today and have a crack at it. I know they are expensive, but the lifetime guarantee sold it for me.

Cheers
        L

Comment

• rdshackleford
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2016

I got a kick out of those instructions for inflating the Balazs bag. Really? 6 steps to inflate a bag? LOL!

I live down the road from Balazs and inquired about buying a platform and going to pick it up so I could save the shipping charge. They said sorry, no can do.

-Rusty
          @ArcSwivel
          #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Lee Chapman
            • Feb 2017

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
            I got a kick out of those instructions for inflating the Balazs bag. Really? 6 steps to inflate a bag? LOL!

I live down the road from Balazs and inquired about buying a platform and going to pick it up so I could save the shipping charge. They said sorry, no can do.

-Rusty
            Ridiculous. You would think they would have better customer service than that.

Comment

• Lee Chapman
              • Feb 2017

So I spent ages going through the instructions they sent to inflate the larger of the bags. I got to step 2 and my needle broke, so had to wait until 10am this morning to go and buy a new needle. Intact I got 2 and a pump for £4 which wasn't a bad result. Eventually got the bag inflated. At 5 psi it's definitely harder than my other bag. Turns out I had 2 psi in it. The new bag also seems to take a slightly harder contact to get it going, and wants to stop swinging quite quickly. It might be a bit heavier despite being smaller. I am miss hitting it quite a bit, but will give it a week to see if it improves. If not I will go back to. the bigger now until I have had more practice.

Cheers
              L

Comment

• Old Red
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Mar 2017

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post

-Rusty
                Maybe it ships direct from Quanang Province?

Comment

• Lee Chapman
                  • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Old Red View Post
                  Maybe it ships direct from Quanang Province?
                  Via Australia and the North pole.

Comment

• Dutchman
                    Speed Bag Historian
                    • Jun 2006

Hail, their mailing address is out in Amish Country, but bet that the mail order stuff doesn't originate there, probably some industrial park in Philly........

Comment

• rdshackleford
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Oct 2016

They have a manufacturing facility in Amish Country. I think the issue was I wanted to make a retail purchase there and perhaps see the platform before buying it. They replied they can't do retail sales at the warehouse and they don't have a showroom. They are legit, but that doesn't mean they don't source material and parts from overseas or manufacture all the items they sell. The guy who started the biz was a Lehigh University engineer. They used to sell out of a house in Allentown. I still have the yellow boxing training gloves and hand wraps I got there.
                      @ArcSwivel
                      #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Lee Chapman
                        • Feb 2017

So I got on the new bag for 20 minutes today. 5 psi was too hard so I reduced the pressure to 4psi, and seemed to have more control, that's probably as it was swinging slower which is giving me time to place my hand on the bag.

Cheers
                        L

Comment

• jaja6009
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Dec 2016

So overall do you like the Balaz bags? I have one on my to get list. I'm having a fun time trying different bags. Each one has it's own style to it, and I like different ones for different reasons.

Comment

• Lee Chapman
                            • Feb 2017

So overall do you like the Balaz bags? I have one on my to get list. I'm having a fun time trying different bags. Each one has it's own style to it, and I like different ones for different reasons.
                            Not sure to be honest. I think that's a combination of being a less than 2 month bagger, and that I have downsized probably too quickly. I just wanted to put it up and have a go (like you do with a new toy). It does seem heavy to hit, but I'll be fine with that. I'll keep you updated.

Cheers
                            L

Comment

• Lee Chapman
                              • Feb 2017

Here's a couple vids from today. As I thought. I was much better today, so will keep using it. I have found you definitely need to hit it some to keep it moving.

1 Mar 17 Front Circle / Straight Punch

21 Mar 17 Rear Circle Punch

21 Mar 17 Front Rear Linking

I can't seem to get the vids to play, so below are the raw url's in case anyone wants to paste them into a browser.

L

21 Mar 17 Front Circle / Straight Punch
                              Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

21 Mar 17 Rear Circle Punch
                              Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

21 Mar 17 Front Rear Linking
                              Last edited by Lee Chapman; 03-21-2017, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...