• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamesk259
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • May 2009

How To Make A Homemade Double End & Some Bag Work - Feedback Appreciated

I just wanted to contribute something to this forum since it helped me with my speed bag techniques.

First off you will need the following
    -surgical tubing
    -rope or string
    -duct tape
    -paper
    -sock / tennis ball

all i did was smash paper as tightly as possible and stuffed it in a sock, you could also use a tennis ball. The paper comes quite hard and it is a lot harder to hit than a tennis ball. Paper is also cheaper if your on a budget like me. Then I tied the piece of rope to the sock and used the rope to attach the sock to the surgical tubing. After thats secured and tight i wrapped with duct tape. Then all you do is attach to a ceiling and weights on the bottom. Simple and free. Also requires more skill than a regular double end bag. Let me know if you need help. Also this video of me is 1 week after I made the double end bag. Also i normally turn the corners more usually after hitting a left hook or right upper cut but there is a lot of junk on the ground in the area im practicing in.

this double end bag is good for practicing slipping, blocking, turning the corner, head movement, and accuracy.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Last edited by jamesk259; 05-07-2009, 10:14 PM.
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

That's real cool, thanks for sharing.

That's a pretty small target to hit !!!

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Aug 2010

I like it

That is a cool Idea I will try to set one up in my garage! I am glad I ran across this post.
      Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• ExEODCDR
        • Apr 2011

I've been looking at double end bags for the garage gym... I work at a hospital, so I'm in surgical tubing heaven! Gonna give it a try! Thanks!
        -
        Owner/Operator
        www.TheBlastingCabinet.com

LIKE on Facebook @ www.Facebook.com/TheBlastingCabinet

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...