X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toskabab
    • Jan 2016

Speedbag VII?

I was looking all over the forums to find out when and where the next meet up would be. Is there a Speedbag VII in the works?
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by toskabab View Post
    I was looking all over the forums to find out when and where the next meet up would be. Is there a Speedbag VII in the works?
    The answer to that is probably yes....and no. The last four years the gatherings have been the second week in July, the week after the fourth. So this year that would be the 14,15 and 16. Last year we had the good sense to leave "the speed bag cage" up and standing - so at least we don't have to spend several hours constructing it by the first 3 or 4 members to show up. (fewer and fewer were showing up to help do that.....)

We would also have someone step forward and "organize the event", with at least the semblance of a schedule. This year I have not seen or heard of anyone willing to take on that task. And for there is also the other issues that have came and went, such as organizing prizes, gifts, giveaways, any charitable donations etc. Some of that no longer happens because the normal "speed bag donors" (companies that make speed bag equipment or support the cause) have more than given their fair share.

The key to those last few sentences was having a key person that would raise their hand and do it. Last year Matt "speedbagataraxis" took the lead and did a great job. This year no one has said "I'll do it" so at the moment the event is leaderless, however..... That does not mean there won't be a bunch of speed baggers descending on Real Gym in Keyport NJ on those dates to "gather" and talk and demonstrate all things speed bag, but there is always of question of WHO will be there. The forum has been quiet on that. Many of our finest long standing members, and high skilled baggers that we love to see and watch live along the eastern seaboard, and ...if mother nature doesn't kill them before July then I expect they will attend, but we can never be sure. Some of the more vocal attendees in the past have rarely been on the forum since the last gathering so where they are and what they are doing is unknown.

For those who may be new and are considering attending, the "main" hotel for we baggers is the Best Wester Hazlet Inn In the past they have given speed baggers a discount and always be kind to Nancy, for she has been very kind to us. there may or may not be a discount code associated with the gathering, and it is usually the same as the AARP prices, so we oldsters are good. If you are planning on attending then you might want to book now. In the past few years there have been other local events going on and all the hotels in Keyport have been full.

The importance of the speed bag and participating daily on this forum do come and go in peoples lives. People and circumstances change. Long time supporters have vanished only to reappear at some point. But the key to all of this is NEW members and attendees. Every gathering has not necessarily been bigger and better than the last, but they happened, so I imagine this one will too, otherwise Me and Donny are going to have to eat that big cake all by ourselves.

I suspect that few, that happy few that always attend will show up again. Be it 10 or 50, we never really know.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• toskabab
      • Jan 2016

Thanks for the info. I'll try to block out those dates. (It falls right after I start my new job so it's kinda iffy.) But I'll be happy to host one of them myself in the future. Maybe next year's. I have a couple venues in mind, but they are in Tampa, FL. I can talk to some local dealers to see if they can sponsor prizes and gifts too.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

• SpeedBagAtaraxis
        • Nov 2010

Don't worry Alan I'm still taking the reins.I won't let this Speed Bag Gathering go without a fight. We had such an awesome turn out last year on Saturday so I really want to keep the momentum going because I keep seeing a lot of interest. If anyone needs any information please feel free to friend me on facebook for now and send me a message there or to my email. mateosanti123@gmail.com I am just about to start advertising for it again and hopefully making some videos.

BAG ON!!!!

Comment

• rehamco1
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
          The answer to that is probably yes....and no. The last four years the gatherings have been the second week in July, the week after the fourth. So this year that would be the 14,15 and 16. Last year we had the good sense to leave "the speed bag cage" up and standing - so at least we don't have to spend several hours constructing it by the first 3 or 4 members to show up. (fewer and fewer were showing up to help do that.....)

We would also have someone step forward and "organize the event", with at least the semblance of a schedule. This year I have not seen or heard of anyone willing to take on that task. And for there is also the other issues that have came and went, such as organizing prizes, gifts, giveaways, any charitable donations etc. Some of that no longer happens because the normal "speed bag donors" (companies that make speed bag equipment or support the cause) have more than given their fair share.

The key to those last few sentences was having a key person that would raise their hand and do it. Last year Matt "speedbagataraxis" took the lead and did a great job. This year no one has said "I'll do it" so at the moment the event is leaderless, however..... That does not mean there won't be a bunch of speed baggers descending on Real Gym in Keyport NJ on those dates to "gather" and talk and demonstrate all things speed bag, but there is always of question of WHO will be there. The forum has been quiet on that. Many of our finest long standing members, and high skilled baggers that we love to see and watch live along the eastern seaboard, and ...if mother nature doesn't kill them before July then I expect they will attend, but we can never be sure. Some of the more vocal attendees in the past have rarely been on the forum since the last gathering so where they are and what they are doing is unknown.

For those who may be new and are considering attending, the "main" hotel for we baggers is the Best Wester Hazlet Inn In the past they have given speed baggers a discount and always be kind to Nancy, for she has been very kind to us. there may or may not be a discount code associated with the gathering, and it is usually the same as the AARP prices, so we oldsters are good. If you are planning on attending then you might want to book now. In the past few years there have been other local events going on and all the hotels in Keyport have been full.

The importance of the speed bag and participating daily on this forum do come and go in peoples lives. People and circumstances change. Long time supporters have vanished only to reappear at some point. But the key to all of this is NEW members and attendees. Every gathering has not necessarily been bigger and better than the last, but they happened, so I imagine this one will too, otherwise Me and Donny are going to have to eat that big cake all by ourselves.

I suspect that few, that happy few that always attend will show up again. Be it 10 or 50, we never really know.
          I did not see the cake last year or a picture of it

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by rehamco1 View Post
            I did not see the cake last year or a picture of it
            Sadly the bringing of the cake got put off until most were leaving. I was out the door to the train station when it got opened.
            Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Vii

Hello Forum and Net,
              I am looking forward to this years gathering with much anticipation!! last year I was unable to attend and I've missed my friends dearly.
              Yes, Alan, life happens and we all have our reasons for being absent from the forum and events, I personally wish I could attend all gatherings, and in the future will make more of an attempt.
              I don't feel like Matt should have to take on the responsibility of the gathering on his own. Matt I would like to help in anyway I can, Brother. Maybe we need to appoint a committee to see that this event will celebrate a silver anniversary and more and the tasks are evenly distributed, Just a thought...?
              Roge we will make sure there is a cake waiting for you and Joe. I only ask one thing, can you bring a gator skin? I have an idea for a bag, lol
              I hope I get to see all my friends this year and make more under the beast of boards at Real Gymm!!
              The Speed Ball should be in every hall

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by toskabab View Post
                Thanks for the info. I'll try to block out those dates. (It falls right after I start my new job so it's kinda iffy.) But I'll be happy to host one of them myself in the future. Maybe next year's. I have a couple venues in mind, but they are in Tampa, FL. I can talk to some local dealers to see if they can sponsor prizes and gifts too.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
                That would be Awesome! there are some great baggers in Florida. I would be down!!

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

the lines are buzzing

Glad to of heard back from most attendees. Looking toward moving forward and reservations almost secured!!!!

Comment

• Zaza
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Apr 2011

Looking for some news here...thoughts? Concerns?
                    Would love for those planning on attending to post here, lets see what the turnout might be.

If Facebook releases it's new "FB Live" feature...we could broadcast it for the world to see!

Please post your intent on attending. (if you're really planning on attending, please)
                    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                      Looking for some news here...thoughts? Concerns?
                      Would love for those planning on attending to post here, lets see what the turnout might be.

If Facebook releases it's new "FB Live" feature...we could broadcast it for the world to see!

Please post your intent on attending. (if you're really planning on attending, please)

Planning on attending.
                      Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• G-Town
                        Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Sb7

Za, Its pretty awesome the number is growing, plus the growth of the "Speedbag Gathering" lets get it done, and keep this wonderful ride going. I will be attending along with a few friends! You know how that G' crew rolls!!!

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Planning on attending.

RSVP confirmed. Be there, Be Square.
                          Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Zaza
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by G-Town View Post
                            Za, Its pretty awesome the number is growing, plus the growth of the "Speedbag Gathering" lets get it done, and keep this wonderful ride going. I will be attending along with a few friends! You know how that G' crew rolls!!!
                            RSVP confirmed. Be there, Be Square.
                            O.K., that makes about 6-7 (depending on who G brings with him)...any others?

Dates have been confirmed with Donnie:
                            JULY 15th, 16th & 17th @ Real Gymm
                            Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                            http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                              O.K., that makes about 6-7 (depending on who G brings with him)...any others?

Dates have been confirmed with Donnie:
                              JULY 15th, 16th & 17th @ Real Gymm

John Reynolds told me (via email a month or so ago...) that he was going. Speed demons and all.

Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...