Clear All
  • Davidlwilkie
    • Apr 2017

Nice for What

• BagBoy
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2018

Holy Moly!

DLW, may I ask how long you've been SpeedBagging? I learn a lot from watching videos that make it look easy.

PS. If you tell me you've been bagging for six months, I'll eat a bowl of toenail clippings and sell all my bags on the cheap. Good stuff!
    Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Davidlwilkie
      • Apr 2017

I can't really remember exactly when I got my first set up. I know in 2012 I saw a guy do a front double punch without linking it to anything else. At that time all I had seen was Rocky. Never touched a bag before that. I never went to a gym or been a fighter but enjoy working out and finally found something that was new, challenging, rewarding and fun. I got my setup sometime in 2013. On my youtube channel I have some older videos. Think I posted my first video after about 2 years and it shows I was still struggling with side doubles and elbows. I just searched youtube for Alan Kahn, Matthew Santiago, ZaZa , Tommy t, speed bag skunk ,etc. etc. and I work on my bag about an hour a day. Would go longer but I don't want people to know I'm weird. LOL

Comment

• BagBoy
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Davidlwilkie View Post
        I can't really remember exactly when I got my first set up. I know in 2012 I saw a guy do a front double punch without linking it to anything else. At that time all I had seen was Rocky. Never touched a bag before that. I never went to a gym or been a fighter but enjoy working out and finally found something that was new, challenging, rewarding and fun. I got my setup sometime in 2013. On my youtube channel I have some older videos. Think I posted my first video after about 2 years and it shows I was still struggling with side doubles and elbows. I just searched youtube for Alan Kahn, Matthew Santiago, ZaZa , Tommy t, speed bag skunk ,etc. etc. and I work on my bag about an hour a day. Would go longer but I don't want people to know I'm weird. LOL
        You nailed it with "new, challenging, rewarding and fun" that really sums it up for me. All those youtube videos from all those great baggers really come in handy and that's why guys like Alan are pioneers.

Keep on baggin! it's better than TV
        Last edited by BagBoy; 06-09-2018, 10:35 PM. Reason: Because I'm a doofus, that's why.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• mirokiuru
          • Jun 2015

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
          DLW,
          PS. If you tell me you've been bagging for six months, I'll eat a bowl of toenail clippings and sell all my bags on the cheap. Good stuff!
          I swear i almost puked when i red your comment

+its impressive that music genre that you use in your videos is so wide! You can hit to anything that got some sort of beat and do it whit style

Comment

• BagBoy
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Jan 2018

Originally posted by mirokiuru View Post
            Haha! So skin tag soup is out of the question?

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by mirokiuru View Post

+its impressive that music genre that you use in your videos is so wide! You can hit to anything that got some sort of beat and do it whit style
              That's exactly right. If the music has a discernable beat, You can Punch Drum to it. The more bag control, (Techniques and Combinations) you can do solidly ...the more beat variety you can use.

All Techniques... and Certain combinations... have a noticeable "beat pattern" of accented (punched) and unaccented (swing rebound) sounds. Just learn to "control" the accented (punched) rebounds to the beat of the music.

Aye! there's the rub!
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Davidlwilkie
                • Apr 2017

If you guys look at my youtube channel there's a video of me playing the piano with my daughter. It will show you my musical skill level. The longer I bag though the more I feel like I may be getting closer to punch drumming. For now I am content with learning. I wish there was some local gathering nearby or just some more semi local baggers.

Comment

• rdshackleford
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Virian
                  ...don't get me wrong but there are some dudes that do tricks and all kinds of useless.
                  Well, that is one way to go with an introductory post. The Aristocrats!
                  @ArcSwivel
                  #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• GregNil
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Aug 2018

Fantastic video, David. You make it look effortless. I can only dream of getting there one day!
                    I think this Leanbean review is so informative and trustworthy.

Comment

• Davidlwilkie
                      • Apr 2017

That's the same thing I thought about 5 years ago when I saw my first speed bag trick.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...