X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BagBoy
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2018

This thread is heading in a very interesting direction. That girls something else
    Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• rdshackleford
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2016

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
      This thread is heading in a very interesting direction. That girls something else
      Yeah, can we rein it in and talk about my boxing corner?
      @ArcSwivel
      #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Dutchman
        Speed Bag Historian
        • Jun 2006

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
        Definitely! That's a might fine looking set up you have there! Wish I had the room to do that, although that may change within the year

Comment

• BagBoy
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jan 2018

Rusty, second thing I noticed after your platforms was the punching Bob (rubber man) I almost picked one up as a self Christmas gift but, alas.. I didn't. Yet. Do you like it? I've yet to hit on one, or kick for that matter.

When all is said and done in there I hope you post a video tour. Or at least several pictures from various places in the room. Love seeing others home set-ups

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• rdshackleford
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Oct 2016

I think I bought Bob about 15 years ago, and they still make essentially the same product. Mine started coming apart where it mounts in the back, and I had to bolt on some added support. Looking at the pics online, i think they redesigned the back portion quit a bit to fix those problems.

I like it, and my wife really likes it. Something about punching in the face is very satisfying. The neck flexes a bit, so when you give it a good shot, it feels pretty real. You definitely need to wear boxing gloves or MMA gloves on that thing.

It doesn't move like a heavy bag. Head shots let your arm punch through, body shots stop the fist quickly. Center of gravity is way low. Tends to stay stationary, depending on the floor. It can slide on a smooth floor.

Something like this would be more interesting. Expensive, though.

@ArcSwivel
            #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• BagBoy
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Jan 2018

Thanks for the Bob information, great description on how it reacts. I'll definitely pick one up in the near future. Funny how some of them come with a mohawk lol. I've known some mohawk enthusiasts, I don't think they'd take it as a compliment.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• rdshackleford
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Oct 2016

To be clear, the pic with the mohawk is not a Century Bob product. It is advanced training dummy made by another company. Century Bob just has a mean looking mug.
                @ArcSwivel
                #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• RockSteadyBoxer
                  • Nov 2018

To be clear, the pic with the mohawk is not a Century Bob product. It is advanced training dummy made by another company. Century Bob just has a mean looking mug.
                  As a side note, Stephen Colbert did a bit shortly after the 2016 election where they painted gray hair on Bob and said it was Mike Pence. The likeness was surprising ... I can't look at Bob now without seeing Mike Pence!

Comment

• rdshackleford
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Oct 2016

nice!
                    @ArcSwivel
                    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• rdshackleford
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Oct 2016

I am curious if anyone can figure out who mohawk man is.
                      @ArcSwivel
                      #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• BagBoy
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Jan 2018

I am curious if anyone can figure out who mohawk man is.
                        Minus the mohawk and from the neck up only, I see Alex Lifeson. That may be an unpopular response it's Alex in the 90's.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• rdshackleford
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Oct 2016

I mean it is a product from another company, not Century. I have no idea who the human model was.
                          @ArcSwivel
                          #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• LianneStackhouse
                            Speed Bag Trainee
                            • Feb 2019

I consider fifteen years back, disregarding all that they make generally an equivalent thing. Mine began tumbling to pieces where it mounts in the back, and I expected to shoot on some additional assistance. international news today Looking pics on the web, I think they revived the back bit quit a bit to fix those issues. I like it, and my significant other truly lean towards it. Something about punching in the face is fulfilling. The neck flexes a bit, so when you give it a normal shot, it feels entirely genuine. You certainly need to wear boxing gloves or MMA gloves on that thing.
                            Last edited by LianneStackhouse; 03-21-2019, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                            Working...