• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • riqal
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2006

New water/foam heavybag by everlast!!

I love the folks at everlast for continually catering to the needs of the consumers. Check out this new water bag. I will place my order in a few minutes.
  • Kyle
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2006

looks nice!!! id prefer 100lbs at least but 70lbs is solid. i think im going to go water bag after i ware out my current one. i know they need more upkeep but it seems worth it cuz ive open and stuffed old clothes in mine way to many times not to mention the bottom is similar to hitting a brick wall.
    ________
    Wong Amat Tower Condominium
    Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:49 AM.

Comment

• riqal
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Aug 2006

I am wondering if that 70lb description is a mistake. It says it holds 45lbs of water, which would mean that it's 25lb when unfilled. Does 25lb for an unfilled water bag sound too heavy? I have a powair 55lb water bag dimensions 10 x 30 and it weighs about 5lb when empty.
      Last edited by riqal; 03-16-2009, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• BlackCatXIII
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Apr 2009

Are the water heavy bags like hitting the regular sand filled ones? Or is it softer on the hands and shins?

Comment

• Tim
          Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by BlackCatXIII View Post
          Are the water heavy bags like hitting the regular sand filled ones? Or is it softer on the hands and shins?
          Much better than hitting sand, as far as wear and tear on your hands. It has a lot more give to it, yet feels substantial at the same time - not like punching a pillow.

I personally prefer water filled heavy bags.

Comment

• sloopy312
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Apr 2009

Water Filled Heavy Bag

I'm pretty heavy and looking for a 125# heavy bag. I weigh 275. Am I going too heavy? I'm 64 and old school but the water bag you speak of sounds interesting but is it heavy enough, double ended, and could it leak as my rec room is on the 2nd floor. I have bought no bag yet and am open to any help/suggestions.
            Thanks

Comment

• Tim
              Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

In regards to the leaking, I've never seen one leak, BUT i've only hit on the industrial strength/pro gym quality water bags. I can't vouch for consumer stuff...

Comment

• HobbyBoxer
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Dec 2009

Originally posted by sloopy312 View Post
                I'm pretty heavy and looking for a 125# heavy bag. I weigh 275. Am I going too heavy? I'm 64 and old school but the water bag you speak of sounds interesting but is it heavy enough, double ended, and could it leak as my rec room is on the 2nd floor. I have bought no bag yet and am open to any help/suggestions.
                Thanks
                Hi Sloopy,

I don't know if you're still around but maybe someone else might be interested in my comment.

They say to go with about half your weight in regards to choosing a heavy bag. For you that would be about a 140 bag, though the 125 you mentioned might be close enough since you aren't quite 280 and may be able to drop a few pounds after a few good work outs on the 125

Good luck!

~HobbyBoxer~

Comment

• SpeedKilz
                  • Dec 2009

Originally posted by sloopy312 View Post
                  Thanks
                  Here is a link to all of our water heavy bags at Title:

These bags we carry have a 10 year warranty on the bladder if the bladder is a huge buying point for you. Both are relatively new. The Title Water Bag currently comes with a free pair of Title Gel Pro Power Gloves.

Comment

• HobbyBoxer
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Dec 2009

Hi SpeedKilz,

I'm eye-balling the Title foam water 140 vs. the Fighting foam water 140.

Is is my imagination or is the Fighting bag of slightly higher quality - perhaps in the way they packed the outer foam?

If they were priced the same and Title didn't offer the free power gloves along with it, which would you recommend?

Second, I have a concern about each bag. The Title bag looks like the chains are permanent and the Fighting bag S hooks look like they might puncture the top of the bag. Any truth in either concern?

Thanx,

~HobbyBoxer~
                    Last edited by HobbyBoxer; 12-21-2009, 09:36 AM.

Comment

• SpeedKilz
                      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by HobbyBoxer View Post
                      Hi SpeedKilz,

I'm eye-balling the Title foam water 140 vs. the Fighting foam water 140.

Is is my imagination or is the Fighting bag of slightly higher quality - perhaps in the way they packed the outer foam?

If they were priced the same and Title didn't offer the free power gloves along with it, which would you recommend?

Second, I have a concern about each bag. The Title bag looks like the chains are permanent and the Fighting bag S hooks look like they might puncture the top of the bag. Any truth in either concern?

Thanx,

~HobbyBoxer~
                      Both bags are very similar. Same weights, same dimensions. There are obvious differences in aesthetics. The construction of both are almost identical. The Fighting has a triple reinforced outer shell...the Title may also but not positive - you could call in and ask someone. The water spout sticks up higher the the Fighting bag and the chains on both are the same...its just the way the Fighting bag was shot that make it look different. The chains aren't under any tension like the Title one was. They won't puncture the bag...the bladder doesn't go that hight and the same foam around the sides of the bag is also on the top. The bladder is completely surrounded. Personally I'm a big fan of the entire Fighting line...but neither one is a bad choice.

Comment

• USMCBay
                        Speed Bag Trainee
                        • Dec 2009

Someone may have mentioned this but Water is 8.6lbs per gallon. (Oil is 8lbs per gallon... just in case you want to know why it floats on top of water. It is six/tenths of a pound lighter~!) Gotta love useless information...

Comment

• punchingbag
                          Speed Bag Trainee
                          • Jul 2010

Couldnt you fill it up with sand to make for a harder hitting surface.

My only quarrel with a water punching bag is that it might be too soft and wont give you the condition you need...

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...